How to get the size of a process?

I am dealing with a Java application, which creates multiple versions of a named window.

The named windows give a result of 0 (zero) when called

ConsoleWrite("!+ " & @ScriptLineNumber & " " &  FileGetSize(WinGetProcess("javaw.exe" ,"")) &  @CRLF)

Requesting

$list = ProcessGetStats("javaw.exe",1)
_ArrayDisplay($list, @ScriptLineNumber & " " & $list)
delivers the expected results, but not the size as posted in the fifth column of the task manager list.

The PID handle is easy to get with WinGetHandle("xyzabc - era", ""), but I cannot find a way to get the matching size.

Does anyone know a way?

Look at the return values of those functions and you will see why it doesn't work.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You can do something like that:

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")

$pid = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:Notepad]")
$path = _ProcessGetLocation($pid)

If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to get the process location")
    Exit
EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Process path: " & $path & @CRLF) ;Debug only

$size = FileGetSize($path)
MsgBox(0, "", "The size is: " & $size & "bytes.")

Func _ProcessGetLocation($iPID)
    Local $aProc = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'hwnd', 'OpenProcess', 'int', BitOR(0x0400, 0x0010), 'int', 0, 'int', $iPID)
    If $aProc[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    Local $vStruct = DllStructCreate('int[1024]')
    DllCall('psapi.dll', 'int', 'EnumProcessModules', 'hwnd', $aProc[0], 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($vStruct), 'int', DllStructGetSize($vStruct), 'int_ptr', 0)
    Local $aReturn = DllCall('psapi.dll', 'int', 'GetModuleFileNameEx', 'hwnd', $aProc[0], 'int', DllStructGetData($vStruct, 1), 'str', '', 'int', 2048)
    If StringLen($aReturn[3]) = 0 Then Return SetError(2, 0, '')
    Return $aReturn[3]
EndFunc   ;==>_ProcessGetLocation

Hi!

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

You can do something like that:

Run("notepad.exe")

$pid = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:Notepad]")
$path = _ProcessGetLocation($pid)

If @error Then
MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to get the process location")
Exit
EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Process path: " & $path & @CRLF) ;Debug only

$size = FileGetSize($path)
MsgBox(0, "", "The size is: " & $size & "bytes.")

Func _ProcessGetLocation($iPID)
Local $aProc = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'hwnd', 'OpenProcess', 'int', BitOR(0x0400, 0x0010), 'int', 0, 'int', $iPID)
If $aProc[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, '')
Local $vStruct = DllStructCreate('int[1024]')
DllCall('psapi.dll', 'int', 'EnumProcessModules', 'hwnd', $aProc[0], 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($vStruct), 'int', DllStructGetSize($vStruct), 'int_ptr', 0)
Local $aReturn = DllCall('psapi.dll', 'int', 'GetModuleFileNameEx', 'hwnd', $aProc[0], 'int', DllStructGetData($vStruct, 1), 'str', '', 'int', 2048)
If StringLen($aReturn[3]) = 0 Then Return SetError(2, 0, '')
Return $aReturn[3]
EndFunc ;==>_ProcessGetLocation

Hi!

Nessie, your approach seemed promising at first.

But since the Func _ProcessGetLocation($iPID) is pretty much a mystery to me, I cannot deduct the desired value (I'm not after the file size!).

Your utility reports "The size of C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe is: 70144 bytes." - which is the file size of Notepad, not the size of the memory space it operates in, reported by Windows Task Manager as size of 2.944 k in the fifths column (here it's titled "Speicherauslastung") - sorry if I caused a confusion here, but "Speicherauslastung" was translated by Google as "size".

guinness,

During my research, I had come across (your?) Func _WinGetDetails($sTitle, $sText = '') and tried to adapt it to deliver that fifth column value, but did not succeed.

I tried to follow your advice "Look at the return values of those functions and you will see why it doesn't work." ... to no avail!

What can I deduct from a zero?

It reads like "Eat an egg and you will know why it's not a chicken." :

Edited by guwguw

Nessie assumed what we all thought. Look at MemGetStats.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

My mistake. Look at _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo in WinAPIEx.

UDF List:

Look at _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo in WinAPIEx.

I get

Number of page faults: 4210

Peak working set size: 15052800 bytes

Current working set size: 15052800 bytes

Peak paged pool usage: 74772 bytes

Current paged pool usage: 61788 bytes

Peak nonpaged pool usage: 3128 bytes

Current nonpaged pool usage: 2800 bytes

Current space allocated for the pagefile: 12775424 bytes

Peak space allocated for the pagefile: 12775424 bytes

Current private space: 12775424 bytes

still nothing process-related.

I think I'll give up this route (AutoIt) and get the desired data via OCR of the Task Manager or a direct memory-read ...

The underlying problem is a Java trading program that used to perform for an entire week uninterruptedly without problem.

During the last two years there were a lot of programmer changes (at the program company) who added not functions, but obviously a lot of debugging information, bloating the software to a level, where I have to unload and reload the program about every two hours to prevent it from freezing the trading interface.

My goal is to automate the refreshing cycles before the affected parts reach their critical limits.

Look around then for WMI.

UDF List:

If I'm not mistaken, that information you posted about the return from _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo gives you exactly what you were asking about doesn't it? Isn't the Working Set the memory info you're looking for?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This should do the trick:

#include <WinAPI.au3>
Run("notepad.exe")

$PID = WinGetProcess("[CLASS:Notepad]")
$size = _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo($PID)

If Not @error Then
    $size = $size / 1024
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "Unable to retrive the used memory")
    Exit
EndIf

MsgBox(0, "", "The size is: " & $size & "KB")

Func _GetDisplaySize($iSize, $iPlaces = 2)
    Local $aBytes[5] = [' Bytes', ' KB', ' MB', ' GB', ' TB']
    For $i = 4 To 1 Step -1
        If $iSize >= 1024 ^ $i Then
            Return Round($iSize / 1024 ^ $i, $iPlaces) & $aBytes[$i]
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $iSize & ' Bytes'
EndFunc   ;==>_GetDisplaySize

Func _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo($PID = 0) ;Taken from WinAPIEx modified by Nessie
    Local $__WINVER = __WINVER()

If Not $PID Then
        $PID = @AutoItPID
    EndIf

Local $hProcess = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'ptr', 'OpenProcess', 'dword', __Iif($__WINVER < 0x0600, 0x00000410, 0x00001010), 'int', 0, 'dword', $PID)

If (@error) Or (Not $hProcess[0]) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Local $tPMC_EX = DllStructCreate('dword;dword;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr;ulong_ptr')
    Local $Ret = DllCall(@SystemDir & '\psapi.dll', 'int', 'GetProcessMemoryInfo', 'ptr', $hProcess[0], 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tPMC_EX), 'int', DllStructGetSize($tPMC_EX))

If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
        $Ret = 0
    EndIf
    _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hProcess[0])
    If Not IsArray($Ret) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

Local $Result = DllStructGetData($tPMC_EX, 4)
    Return $Result
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo

Func __WINVER()

Local $tOSVI = DllStructCreate('dword;dword;dword;dword;dword;wchar[128]')

DllStructSetData($tOSVI, 1, DllStructGetSize($tOSVI))

Local $Ret = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GetVersionExW', 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tOSVI))

If (@error) Or (Not $Ret[0]) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    Return BitOR(BitShift(DllStructGetData($tOSVI, 2), -8), DllStructGetData($tOSVI, 3))
EndFunc   ;==>__WINVER

Func __Iif($fTest, $iTrue, $iFalse)
    If $fTest Then
        Return $iTrue
    Else
        Return $iFalse
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>__Iif

Hi!

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Here the code which I'm using to determine the amount of memory which uses Iron.

#include <Array.au3>
Global $sInput = InputBox("Process Memory Usage", "Enter a proces name", "Iron.exe", "", 250, 130)
If @error Or Not $sInput Then Exit

Global Const $sProcessName = "Iron.exe"
Global Const $aProcessList = ProcessList($sProcessName)
If Not $aProcessList[0][0] Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Error", "No process found with the name " & $sInput, 30)
Global Const $Process_All_Access = 0x1F0FFF
Global $iMem1 = 0, $iMem2 = 0

For $i = 1 To $aProcessList[0][0]
    $ProcHandle = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "handle", "OpenProcess", "dword", $Process_All_Access, "int", False, "dword", $aProcessList[$i][1])
    $iMem1 += _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo($ProcHandle[0])
    $iMem2 += _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo($ProcHandle[0], "PrivateUsage")
Next
MsgBox(0, "Mem Usage",  "Iron Total Mem Usage (working set): " & Round($iMem1 / 1024^3, 2) & " GB" & @LF & _
                        "Iron Total Mem Usage (private bytes): " & Round($iMem2 / 1024^3, 2) & " GB")

Exit

Func _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo($hProcess, $sMemType = "WorkingSize") ;get physical memory of the process -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683219%28VS.85%29.aspx
    Local $tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS, $tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS_EX, $nSize, $aRet
    If @OSBuild < 7600 Then
        $tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS = DllStructCreate( _  ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684877%28VS.85%29.aspx
                "dword cb; dword PageFaultCount; dword_ptr PeakWorkingSetSize; dword_ptr WorkingSetSize; " & _
                "dword_ptr QuotaPeakPagedPoolUsage; dword_ptr QuotaPagedPoolUsage; dword_ptr QuotaPeakNonPagedPoolUsage; " & _
                "dword_ptr QuotaNonPagePoolUsage; dword_ptr PagefileUsage; dword_ptr PeakPagefileUsage")
        $nSize = DllStructGetSize($tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS)
        $aRet = DllCall("psapi.dll", "int", "GetProcessMemoryInfo", "handle", $hProcess, "struct*", $tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS, "dword", $nSize) ;call GetProcessMemoryInfo
        If $aRet[0] = 0 Then
            SetError(1, 0, $aRet[0])
        EndIf
        Return DllStructGetData($tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS, "WorkingSetSize")
    Else
        $tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS_EX = DllStructCreate( _   ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684877%28VS.85%29.aspx
                "dword cb; dword PageFaultCount; dword_ptr PeakWorkingSetSize; dword_ptr WorkingSetSize; " & _
                "dword_ptr QuotaPeakPagedPoolUsage; dword_ptr QuotaPagedPoolUsage; dword_ptr QuotaPeakNonPagedPoolUsage; " & _
                "dword_ptr QuotaNonPagePoolUsage; dword_ptr PagefileUsage; dword_ptr PeakPagefileUsage; " & _
                "dword_ptr PrivateUsage")
        $nSize = DllStructGetSize($tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS_EX)
        $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "K32GetProcessMemoryInfo", "handle", $hProcess, "struct*", $tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS_EX, "dword", $nSize) ;call GetProcessMemoryInfo
        If $aRet[0] = 0 Then
            SetError(1, 0, $aRet[0])
        EndIf
        Switch $sMemType
            Case "PrivateUsage"
                Return DllStructGetData($tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS_EX, "PrivateUsage")
            Case "WorkingSize"
                Return DllStructGetData($tPROCESS_MEMORY_COUNTERS_EX, "WorkingSetSize")
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Nessie,

I don't really condone stripping from WinAPIEx unless you put a warning that it might cause problems if you use WinAPIEx.

UDF List:

Nessie,

I don't really condone stripping from WinAPIEx unless you put a warning that it might cause problems if you use WinAPIEx.

You are right, but that was only an example ;) And if he uses in his script the function _WinAPI_GetProcessMemoryInfo() modified by me in the example in association with #include <WinAPIEx.au3>, Scite will warn him because the function is already used by WinAPIEx.au3.

BTW every your advice is welcome , so let's drink a beer together

Hi!

guwguw,

I get

Number of page faults: 4210

Peak working set size: 15052800 bytes

Current working set size: 15052800 bytes

Peak paged pool usage: 74772 bytes

Current paged pool usage: 61788 bytes

Peak nonpaged pool usage: 3128 bytes

Current nonpaged pool usage: 2800 bytes

Current space allocated for the pagefile: 12775424 bytes

Peak space allocated for the pagefile: 12775424 bytes

Current private space: 12775424 bytes

still nothing process-related.

Not True...see the following code

#include <guiconstants.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
#include <guilistview.au3>
#include <winapiex.au3>
#include <process.au3>

local $hdr = '# PF|P-WS|C-WS|P-PPU|C-PPU|P-NPPU|C-NPPU|C-Page|P-Page|C-XMEM'

local $gui010   =   guicreate('Memory Usage Monitor for PID = ' & @autoitpid,1100,800)
local $aSize    =   wingetclientsize($gui010)
                    guictrlcreatelabel('Memory Stats for Process = ' & _processgetname(@autoitpid),10,20,400,30)
                    guictrlsetfont(-1,12,800)
local $lst010   =   GUICtrlCreateListView($hdr,10,50,$aSize[0]-20,$aSize[1]-150)
local $aLVSize  =   controlgetpos($gui010,'',$lst010)
                    guictrlcreatelabel(' * - See the Help File for a definition of what each column means',10,$aSize[1]-80,$aSize[0]-20,150)
                    guictrlsetfont(-1,10,800,default,'courier new')

for $1 = 0 to _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($lst010) + 1
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($lst010, $1, $aLVSize[2]/_GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($lst010))
next

guisetstate()
adlibregister('_logmem',3000)

while 1
    switch guigetmsg()
        case $gui_event_close
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

func _logmem()

local $aMem = _winapi_getprocessmemoryinfo(@autoitpid)
    if $aMem = 0 then ConsoleWrite('Error in getprocessmemoryinfo' & @LF)

local $lv_str = ''

for $1 = 0 to ubound($aMem) - 1
        $lv_str &= $aMem[$1] & '|'
    next

$lv_str = stringtrimright($lv_str,1)

guictrlcreatelistviewitem($lv_str, $lst010)

endfunc

(as BrewManNH suggested)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

guwguw,

This shows more clearly that process specific stats are being returned

#include <guiconstants.au3>
#include <windowsconstants.au3>
#include <guilistview.au3>
#include <winapiex.au3>
#include <process.au3>

local $hdr = 'Process Name|PID|# PF|P-WS|C-WS|P-PPU|C-PPU|P-NPPU|C-NPPU|C-Page|P-Page|C-XMEM'

local $gui010   =   guicreate('Memory Usage Monitor',1200,800)
local $aSize    =   wingetclientsize($gui010)
local $lst010   =   GUICtrlCreateListView($hdr,10,50,$aSize[0]-20,$aSize[1]-150)
                    guictrlsetfont(-1,8,600,default,'lucinda console')
local $aLVSize    =    controlgetpos($gui010,'',$lst010)
                    guictrlcreatelabel(' * - See the Help File for a definition of what each column means',10,$aSize[1]-80,$aSize[0]-20,150)
                    guictrlsetfont(-1,10,800,default,'courier new')

for $1 = 0 to _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($lst010) + 1
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($lst010, $1, $aLVSize[2]/_GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($lst010))
next

guisetstate()
adlibregister('_logmem',2000)

_logmem()

while 1
    switch guigetmsg()
        case $gui_event_close
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

func _logmem()

if _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems(guictrlgethandle($lst010)) = false then
        ConsoleWrite('delete items failed' & @LF)
        Exit
    endif

local $apids = processlist(), $lv_str = '', $amem

;~     _arraydisplay($apids)
;~     exit

for $1 = 1 to $apids[0][0]
        $lv_str = ''
        $lv_str &= $apids[$1][0] & '|'
        $lv_str &= $apids[$1][1] & '|'

$aMem = _winapi_getprocessmemoryinfo($apids[$1][1])
        if $aMem = 0 then continueloop

for $2 = 0 to ubound($aMem) - 1
            $lv_str &= $aMem[$2] & '|'
        next

$lv_str = stringtrimright($lv_str,1)

guictrlcreatelistviewitem($lv_str, $lst010)

;msgbox(0,'','')

next

endfunc

kylomas

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill