Question about ERROR - Line Number, UDF File

I have passed my code to another co-worker and he said when he runs the script, he gets an ERROR on line 9544 - the problem, I have only 7100 lines in my script - I was wondering if there is a command/function, that I can put in my script to tell me what UDF file is creating the error?

I am trying to drill it down, but was hoping that there was some indication within the error that would help -

Line 9544 (File "path to exe"):

Error: Variable used without being declared

Edit: ps, I went through my code after adding Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1), and declared all my variables

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

After running through my script and adding declarations for all variables - I had them run it again, and the line number has changed - wtf, cause I did not change any of the UDFs.

New Line Number = 9548

EDIT - just found this, so let me see if I can get my answer from

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I remember that this has been discussed a few times. Best way to find the line is to use obfuscator to remove all lines Aut2Exe removes as well and then check the output file of obfuscator in your script directory.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

$hit, I meant to put it here, so sorry for the double post:

EDIT: And here is the solution: ( I've tried to explain it as simply as I can, so even the beginners can understand it.)

With the huge help from Jos, the goal in this post is now achieved, by using the (version 1.0.29.8 and above) and the /MergeOnly (or /MO) option.

So, if you want to be able to find the errors reported by your compiled (EXE) scripts easily, you will need to add this line:

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly

at the beginning of your script and run it through the Obfuscator (version 1.0.29.8 and above).

The option in the line above will not do any obfuscation to your code. It will only merge all the included files into just one, called YourScriptInitialName_Obfuscated.au3.

Now if you compile the obfuscated file, the error line numbers reported by your EXE file should match the lines in this obfuscated file. And once you find the right line of code, it should be a piece of cake to locate this line in your original source code. So make sure you keep this file somewhere for future error reference. :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You should pay attention to the messages that Obfuscator gives, or check the Obfuscator.log file after the process is completed for any messages like this one:

-Line: 2. Encountered a continuationline which would be longer than 4095 when merge into 1 line, so spliting this continuation line into multiple lines..

If there is a similar line displayed, the line numbers from the error report and the obfuscated source will NOT match. In order to match them, you will need to merge any lines broken into smaller lines with the continuation character ("_") in the obfuscated source. But you will have to do that AFTER you have compiled your EXE file from that obfuscated script.

Here is how the process works:

1. Add #Obfuscator_Parameters=/mergeonly at the beginning of your AU3 script

2. Obfuscate your AU3 script using the Obfuscator.exe (version 1.0.29.8 and above)

3. Compile the obfuscated script.

4. Check the Obfuscator.log file (it is in the same folder where the Obfuscator.exe is installed) for a line similar to the bulded one in the above text.

5. If no similar lines are found - you are good to go and the line numbers should match.

6. If there are similar lines, you will need to merge the lines splitted with the continuation ("_") character in order for your line numbers to match the number in the error report.

If you come to the 6th point in the above list, you can either search for these lines manually, or you can use the following script to do the changes for you:

If $CmdLine[0]=1 AND FileExists($CmdLine[1]) Then
$SourceFileName=$CmdLine[1]
Else
    $SourceFileName = FileOpenDialog("Specify the file to be processed", @ScriptDir, "AutoIt3 Script (*.au3)", 3)
If @error Then Exit
EndIf

$ScriptData = Fileread($SourceFileName)
;Merge Continuation line into one line
$ScriptData = StringRegExpReplace($ScriptData, "( _rn)", "")
$TargetFileName = StringReplace($SourceFileName,".","_N.",-1)
FileDelete($TargetFileName)
FileWrite($TargetFileName, $ScriptData)

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

You got your answer and could solve the problem?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki