@Comspec /k

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this. I have little hair left and am in danger of tearing the it out.

It all goes absolutely OK, but I get "Installer encountered an error: 0x8000ffff. Catastrophic failure".

If I run the same text manually in a command prompt (I outputted it to a Notepad session to ensure the syntax was correct)

it works just fine.

The IPConfig (for test purposes) works no problem

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10
$wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20
$colItems = ""
$Output=""
Dim $aInstalledList[1], $aPatch[1], $quit, $Result

$PatchList = FileOpenDialog("Select patch list text file", @ScriptDir, "(*.txt)")
If @error = 1 Then $quit = MsgBox(20, "ERROR", "No file was selected. Do you want to quit?")
If $quit = 6 Then
Exit
Else
_FileReadToArray($PatchList, $aPatch)
EndIf

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_QuickFixEngineering", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

If IsObj($colItems) then
For $objItem In $colItems
_ArrayAdd($aInstalledList, $objItem.HotFixID)
Next
EndIf
_ArrayDisplay($aInstalledList)

For $i = 1 to UBound($aPatch) -1
$Search = StringSplit($aPatch[$i], ":")
ToolTip("Processing " & $aPatch, 0, 40)
$Search = $Search[1] & $Search[2]
$Result = _ArraySearch($aInstalledList, $Search)
If $Result = -1 Then
ContinueLoop
Else
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k wusa /uninstall /' & $aPatch[$i] & ' /NoReStart')
;RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k ipconfig')
EndIf
Next

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

Include Array was a copy/paste error. :(

I have output to a Notepad session, then copied the text and pasted into a cmd prompt and it worked fine

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

Hmmm - Still no joy. Exactly the same error

It makes no difference whether it's compiled x86, x64 or uncompiled

c:\

• Moderators

What happens if you remove Comspec from the equation and just do a shellexecute?

ShellExecute("wusa.exe", '/uninstall /' & $aPatch[$i] & ' /NoRestart')

Might be easier to debug depending on return from ShellExecute

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

As stated above, I get exactly the same error.

This is REALLY frustrating as I know the syntax is correct - if I run the command manually, it works fine.

Any ideas on how to debug this would be much appreciated. As far as the script is concerned, the command completes successfully (either RunWait, ShellExecute or ShellExecuteWait, it fails after the command is launched.

I'm under the impression that AutoIt's default path searching works slightly different than the one employed by cmd.

I've taken to always specifying full paths wherever a file argument is required, and haven't run into this since.

Not checked with your code(s) though, YMMV

wim

there doesn't seem to be an issue with the path. To test this, I deliberately entered an incorrect parameter (/NoReboot instead of /NoRestart) which invoked the WUSA info page. Therefore the WUSA element IS being run