[Help] How to proceed to next step after a text disappear?

Hi guys.

My name is Fernando [from Brazil] and this is my first post.

-

I searched for a solution but with no success, on how to procceed to next step in my script after a text dissappear from a window.

Example: I have a window that show in statusbar the message "Counting", and the message disappear when the task (counting) ends.At this point, I need to procceed to next step in the script.

This may be a silly question, but I really cant find the answer.

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi, ssnake, welcome to the forum. Can you please post your script, so we can see what you're attempting to do? Otherwise we're just guessing :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi, ssnake, welcome to the forum. Can you please post your script, so we can see what you're attempting to do? Otherwise we're just guessing :)

Oh, sorry.

Please note that's just a test script that I'm using with SAP frontend

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
dim $Linha = 1
$oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen("O:\080-CONSTRUCAO E MONTAGEM\080-100-EQUIPAMENTOS\Planilha Pulo do Gato.xlsx")
_ExcelSheetActivate($oExcel, "Plan1")
$Matriz = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel)
_ExcelBookClose($oExcel)
while $Linha <> (UBound($Matriz,1)-1)
WinActivate("Relatório do operador")
WinWaitActive("Relatório do operador")
send("^a")
send($Matriz[$Linha][1])
send("{DOWN}")
send("^a")
send("C279")
send("{DOWN}{ENTER}{DOWN}")
send("^a")
send($Matriz[$Linha][2])
send("{ENTER}")
WinWaitActive("Selec.elemento PEP")
sleep(2000)
;Here I need to test if the "Counting" message disappeared. For now, the sleep helped a little
send("{ENTER}")
WinWaitActive("Relatório do operador")
send($Matriz[$Linha][3])
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(1000)
send($Matriz[$Linha][4])
send("{TAB}")
send($Matriz[$Linha][5])
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(1000)
send("^s")
sleep(1000)
$Linha = $Linha+1
wend

Check the help file for StatusbarGetText.

I'll check it. Thanks

I'm not absolutely certain exactly what you mean by statusbar, but could you not use WinExits(), with visible text, in a loop to identify whether the process has completed (or am I completely missing the point)

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

I'm not absolutely certain exactly what you mean by statusbar, but could you not use WinExits(), with visible text, in a loop to identify whether the process has completed (or am I completely missing the point)

Yup, a loop can help, but I was just wondering if theres no way to do this more effectively.

But thanks guys

• Moderators

Have you used the AutoIt Window Info Tool on the window you're trying to wait on? If you can capture both the title and the text you could do something like this:

While WinExists("title of window", "Counting")
   Sleep(500)
WEnd

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Yup, a loop can help, but I was just wondering if theres no way to do this more effectively.

If you just want your script to wait until an event, then using a loop with a small sleep interval to reduce memory usage is best (JLogan3o13 just posted an example). If you want your script to remain active while waiting for an event then using something like AdlibRegister is a possibility. I don't think it applies here though.

Edited by czardas

Have you used the AutoIt Window Info Tool on the window you're trying to wait on? If you can capture both the title and the text you could do something like this:

While WinExists("title of window", "Counting")
Sleep(500)
WEnd

If you just want your script to wait until an event, then using a loop with a small sleep interval to reduce memory usage is best (JLogan3o13 just posted an example). If you want your script to remain active while waiting for an event then using something like AdlibRegister is a possibility. I don't think it applies here though.

You guys are awesome. Thanks!