GUI interaction

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to write a program, however, the end process is that it needs to communicate with an external program, and my friend told me about AutoIt. I looked around in the functions part on this site and wandered a bit around, but I still have a few simple questions:

Will AutoIt enable me to do the following:

1) Retrieve variables from an opened local webpage/html file?

2) Fill in these variables in a predetermined textbox in an opened program?

3) Click a predetermined button?

4) Loop the above mentioned on some conditions (i.e. whether variable in local html has changed).

Also, are all the functions listed on the functions webpage on this site? So if I would want to look up how these actions are coded, where can I look?

Thanks in advance !

chopperenzo,

1 - yes

2 - yes

3 - yes

4 - yes

The best way to get started is to download and install AutoIT and the full SCITE editor. In the package you will find a HELP file that will explain all that you need. As you have already discovered, this forum is also an excellent support resource.

Good Luck,

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

chopperenzo,

1 - yes

2 - yes

3 - yes

4 - yes

The best way to get started is to download and install AutoIT and the full SCITE editor. In the package you will find a HELP file that will explain all that you need. As you have already discovered, this forum is also an excellent support resource.

Good Luck,

kylomas

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks alot, I hope the SCITE editor will help me out ;)