IE Flash Object display

Hello,

I was wondering how can i display the flash object of the google maps on a gui??

For example this https://maps.google.be/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Any idea? Are there any object that i can call for a map display?

Long time ago i had found a post on example script of trancexx in an autoitobject post of ProgAndy and if i remember well she had managed displaying maps on a gui.

Anyway any kind of help would be appreciated

Cheers

Try this, maybe there is a better solution but hey it works!:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, _
        (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360)

GUISetState() ;Show GUI

_IENavigate($oIE, @ScriptDir & "\Google Map.html")

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    Local $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

This is the html code of the file "Google Map.html" that you have to put in the script directory:

<html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

<title>Google Maps Embedded</title>

<script type="text/j&#097;v&#097;script" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>

<script type="text/j&#097;v&#097;script">
var initialize = function() {

// Latitude and Longitude
  var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(40.737893,-73.99704);

// Just some option
  var options = { zoom: 12,
                  center: latlng,
                  mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
                };

// Map object
  var map = new google.maps.Map(&#100;ocument.getElementById('map'), options);
}

wind&#111;w.&#111;nload = initialize;
</script>
</head>
<body style="margin:0; padding:0;">
<div id="map" style="width:100%; height:100%"></div>
</body>
</html>

Google Map Embedded.rar

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Try this, maybe there is a better solution but hey it works!:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister()

Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, _
(@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, _
$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360)

GUISetState() ;Show GUI

_IENavigate($oIE, @ScriptDir & "\Google Map.html")

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
Local $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
ExitLoop
EndSelect
WEnd

This is the html code of the file "Google Map.html" that you have to put in the script directory:

<html>
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no"/>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

<title>Google Maps Embedded</title>

<script type="text/j&#097;v&#097;script" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"></script>

<script type="text/j&#097;v&#097;script">
var initialize = function() {

// Latitude and Longitude
var latlng = new google.maps.LatLng(40.737893,-73.99704);

// Just some option
var options = { zoom: 12,
center: latlng,
mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
};

// Map object
var map = new google.maps.Map(&#100;ocument.getElementById('map'), options);
}

wind&#111;w.&#111;nload = initialize;
</script>
</head>
<body style="margin:0; padding:0;">
<div id="map" style="width:100%; height:100%"></div>
</body>
</html>

hmmm, smart thing.

I have never use html code but as i can read it it is a lot promising.

When we zoom on the google map normally at the end of the zoom it shows you the street, this is that i want to display in my gui. Not the map.

I have already done what you showed me, in an other way without using html source, but im finding difficulties trying to display the streets...

So do you want the zoom option?

Just for curiosity how did you do what i showed to you?

Edit try this:

Google Map Embedded.rar

Edited by Nessie

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

So do you want the zoom option?

Just for curiosity how did you do what i showed to you?

Edit try this:

Sorry, i thought link i posted was with the zoom. Check this out. After zooming a lot it displays the streets. I attached an image so you can understand.

post-79758-0-13354700-1367539636_thumb.p

Create an internet explorer object, get map element and just displayit in an object in the gui.

So you want to use google street viewer :P

I will take a look...

EDIT:

Try this

Google Map Embedded.rar

Edited by Nessie

Yep, well i will also do it in autoit to avoid the html.

Edit2: hmmm looking the html code seems that this line sets the position since the fenway is the center

<<var fenway = new google.maps.LatLng(42.345573,-71.098326);>>

How can i make it get the current position? Adding a standar location will lead nowhere since it will not always be used from 1 location

* hmmm, seems very hard to transalte entire code in autoit. Latitude and Longitude are set via numbers. Position can't be set with location names

Edited by AutID

• 2 weeks later...

Hi google map has introduct some time ago a version of google map offline only for android device. But as you can imagine, the offline maps are avaiable only on as restricted area preset by the user. It's almost impossible to download the entire google maps / street view database, some years ago the database was about 70TB, imagine now how big is it with all the new features added by google ;)

Just for curiosity, have you used the html method? If not how did you do the "dirty" job?

Hi!