File is Corrupted

Hello guys, :bye:

I have this code:

InetGet

to download some pictures or file but after i download it looks like it is corrupted like unfinish download should I put Sleep after InetGet before exit or InetGet can stand alone because seems all my downloads are not working, or maybe the file hosting are not applicable im using some direct link download thanks. :sweating:

• Moderators

Gilva, you have precisely one word of code shown, do you really think we can do anything to assist? How about you provide example code showing a file or file(s) you're downloading (or a reproducer if you don't want to post the entire code)? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

No Sleep etc. needed. Error checking is required. Please show your code and we will see how to help.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I try to reload my Inetget InetGet("fileconvey.com/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/myloveletter.exe", @TempDir & "message.exe", 1, 1) some times it works but mostly it doesn't complete think it is for the server problem. I should keep it secret because the file has a gui message like a letter for my boyfriend I wish you can understand, the problem is it does not download complete the file is only 469 KB (481,195 bytes) but i run the code it only download 18kb,281kb it doesn't complete. :sweating: Im using the fileconvey.com for direct link.

Can I use a loop to check if the file is 469kb then run the .exe if not then InetGet again?.

Considering "MyLoveLetter.exe" pings rather hard on the threat for viruses and malware ... and you're trying for a specific sized file.... Yeaaaaaaaah.... :ph34r:

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Considering "MyLoveLetter.exe" pings rather hard on the threat for viruses and malware ... and you're trying for a specific sized file.... Yeaaaaaaaah.... :ph34r:

I dont get it im a noob, viruses and malware I dont have any idea of making that stuff :

Can be a nice idea to first fire the last param in InetGet, as it means "return immediately"

InetGet("fileconvey.com/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/myloveletter.exe", @TempDir & "\message.exe", 1)

Thank's I did not understand the 1 on the help file thanks. sorry im not good in english :*

• Moderators

Gilva,

I have now had a few people suggest that "myloveletter.exe" is not something that we should be helping you to download. You said that its content was "a secret" for your boyfriend, but you seem to be doing the downloading - how is he going to get it? Or are you coding this script for him to run? :huh:

A few answers please. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I made it a script that will run using the RegWrite on every time he will open his laptop (startup), and a function I set for a target date (monthsary :huggles: ) to popup the GUI style letter for my him, So I need Ineget so he can download the script without noticing it :D, I can do it on HTML website and use Shellexecute but im trying to learn autoit so i choose to use rather than using html codes :*

• Moderators

Gilva,

I do not doubt your good intentions in this case, but the possible malicious uses of this type of script should be obvious and it is not a topic we want to discuss in open forum. Support your local post office and send your boyfriend a nice hand-written card instead. ;)

Thread closed.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area