REGEXPCLASS:

Looked through the forums and there is nothing about what this means, but i think it is what I need to hit a Windos.Form button, but I am unclear how I get that info.

Info below

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Route Manager - Wildman Facility Services

Class: WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.29e8405

Position: -8, -8

Size: 1382, 754

Style: 0x17CF0000

ExStyle: 0x00050100

Handle: 0x0000000000081CA4

>>>> Control <<<<

Class:

Instance:

ClassnameNN:

Name: MenuStrip1

Advanced (Class): [NAME:MenuStrip1]

ID: 1448290

Text: MenuStrip1

Position: 0, 0

Size: 1366, 24

ControlClick Coords: 148, 11

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00010000

Handle: 0x0000000000161962

from XML config

<Menu name="Inventory" assembly="" id="Inv" autoActivate="true">

<MenuList text="Inventory" id="InvMain">

<MenuItem text="Inventory" objName="Inventory" listfirst="true" icon="Inventory" id="InvMain010"/>

I am trying to hit the "Inventory" Button(Greenbox on attachment but after trying every form of GetList i could think of nothing came back. So if some one could point me in the right direction, or even better explain the REGEXPCLASS: for this example would be awesome.

I have a feeling I may have to do it with mouse coordinates

post-79760-0-74732200-1367942310_thumb.p

Well first I tried this

WinMenuSelectItem

well that did not work(obviously)

ControlTreeView(GetItemCount), returned 0, so then I though, i will just make a little program that will just pull the button info for me

While 1

IF(_IsPressed(1) = 1) Then

DIM $msg = GUIGetMsg(1)

MsgBox(0,$msg[0],$msg[1] & @CR & $msg[2]& @CR & $msg[3]& @CR & $msg[4]);,$msg[1] & @CRLF & $msg[2] & @CRLF] & $msg[3] & @CRLF & $msg[4] & @CRLF,5);

EndIF

WEnd

thinking well maybe I am missing something obvious like the handle for the window I want

no good, so then I thought, well duh, wrong command again

ControlListView should work

returns nothing

I also tried the above again using the HANDLE with WinGetHandle thinking I was choosing the wrong window by name,

same results

then I kind of went crazy and sleep deprived, and tried random things, like ControlClick(ID2319)

when I realized that i was shooting air, I looked in the forms and found

REGEXPCLASS should work with what I want to do, after searching, there was nothing leading me where I could get that info, so I that brings us to the present.

It's not a treeview control, so using the treeview UDF functions is pointless.

It's not a Listview control, so using the Listview UDF functions is pointless.

Have you tried using the ControlClick function, using the Window title and the control ID as shown in the Help file?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

From the AutoItInfo information you have supplied this should work reliably.

ControlClick("Route Manager","","[NAME:MenuStrip1]","left",1,148,11)

Adjust the X coord ,148, to click on different items on the menu strip.

Edited by Bowmore

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

From the AutoItInfo information you have supplied this should work reliably.

ControlClick("Route Manager","","[NAME:MenuStrip1]","left",1,148,11)

Adjust the X coord ,148, to click on different items on the menu strip.

Yeah, never would have though of that, I had tried using MouseClick, but you can see how that would be problematic.

You deserve a virtual high five