[SOLVED] image in Listview issue

Does anyone know if I can get rid of the effect in Column 0 of the Listview in the attached example?

Although there is no thumbnail, the left most part seems to be reserved for an image that does not exist.

It could be related to _GUIImageList_GetImageCount($hImage) but I don't know what to put instead of this.

The question is related to post SQLite ListView and BLOB demo

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>

Local $hGUI = GUICreate("ListView example", 300, 250)

Local $hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "Items|SubItems", 10, 10, 280,230, $LVS_REPORT, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, _
$LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_INFOTIP))

GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 60)
GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 250)

Local $iImageSquareSize = 30
Local $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create($iImageSquareSize, $iImageSquareSize, 5, 3)
_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110)
_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 131)
_GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($hListView, $hImage, 1)

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Test item 1", _GUIImageList_GetImageCount($hImage))
;_GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($hListView, 0, -1)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 0, "SubItem test 1", 1, 0)
_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Test item 2", _GUIImageList_GetImageCount($hImage))

_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 1, "SubItem test 2", 1)

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Test item 3", _GUIImageList_GetImageCount($hImage))
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 2, "SubItem test 3", 1, 1)

GUISetState()

While 1
Switch GUIGetMsg()
         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
             ExitLoop
         EndSwitch
WEnd

Thanks for assistance

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

Why are you using $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE for the ListView control? That constant is equivalent to $LVS_EX_REGIONAL, which might be part of the problem, although I'm not sure what $LVS_EX_REGIONAL does because the descriptions I've found for it are vague to say the least.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

GreenCan,

I would agree with BrewManNH here - I would never recommend using extended styles with ListViews other than using the _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle function to set LVS_EX styles. I have seen many cases where the control gets very confused by identical WS_EX and LVS_EX values. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

GreenCan,

I would agree with BrewManNH here - I would never recommend using extended styles with ListViews other than using the _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle function to set LVS_EX styles. I have seen many cases where the control gets very confused by identical WS_EX and LVS_EX values. ;)

M23

Thanks for your both your replies BrewManNH and M23

I use $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE because it draws a nice borderline around the ListView, removing it results in a less attractive effect.

$LVS_EX_REGIONAL has no effect at all when I add it to the list in _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle

If I put it instead of the wrongly used $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE then I have the borderline again

Local $hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "Items|SubItems", 10, 10, 280,230, $LVS_REPORT, $LVS_EX_REGIONAL)

You have to admit that the Helpfile is no very clear on what $LVS_EX_REGIONAL does:

$LVS_EX_REGIONAL - Sets the control region to include only the item icons and text

But still, that doesn't solve the issue

post-42917-0-41086000-1367955914_thumb.g

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

I'm guessing, by testing this, that as soon as you assign an image list to the listview, the first column is automatically sized to accept the image size specified in the _GUIImageList_Create function even if you don't use one in it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I'm guessing, by testing this, that as soon as you assign an image list to the listview, the first column is automatically sized to accept the image size specified in the _GUIImageList_Create function even if you don't use one in it.

Yes, that is also what I assume, shouldn't that be considered as a bug?

Additionally, don't you find it strange that the third parameter should be filled in with a strange function?

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "Test item 1", _GUIImageList_GetImageCount($hImage))

I you omit it, you get an image in column 1

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

• Moderators

GreenCan,

If it is a bug it is a bug in the ListView control itself, not AutoIt. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

If it is a bug, it's a Windows bug because _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList just uses _SendMessage($hWnd, $LVM_SETIMAGELIST, to tell the listview that you're assigning an image list to the LV and it's not just AutoIt that has this "problem".

OK, Let me take my phone and call Steve Balmer muttley

Contributions

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb774732?v=vs.85.aspx

Version 4.71 through Version 5.80 only. Not supported on Windows Vista. Sets the list view window region to include only the item icons and text using SetWindowRgn. Any area that is not part of an item is excluded from the window region. This style is only available to list-view controls that use the LVS_ICON style.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks JohnOne,

I think this is a little bit better than the slimmed version in the help file

Contributions

How about this little workaround I use in SMF too :whistle:?

Local $hGUI = GUICreate("ListView example", 300, 250)

Local $hListView = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGUI, "SubItems|Items", 10, 10, 280, 230, $LVS_REPORT, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_INFOTIP))

GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 60)
GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 250)

Local $iImageSquareSize = 30
Local $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create($iImageSquareSize, $iImageSquareSize, 5, 3)
_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110)
_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 131)
_GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($hListView, $hImage, 1)

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "SubItem test 1", 0)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 0, "Test item 1", 1)

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "SubItem test 2", 2)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 1, "Test item 2", 1)

_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListView, "SubItem test 3", 1)
_GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListView, 2, "Test item 3", 1)

_GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($hListView, "1|0")

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

This is indeed smart.

Thank you KaFu

Contributions

Brilliant method, I didn't even know about ColumnOrder. I love it when I learn new stuff. :thumbsup:

From your other post on this, I'd suggest reading the help file in regards to SetColumnOrder again (or for the first time) you're using it wrong.

but  ,  why i must   mix  a colum  and  after with columoreder   unmix  again  ??? 

in  this example  put  icon only first  in  first colum  and   first in 3  colum

and  dont  use  columorder i think is possible to do with  out  columorder

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGui, $listview, $hImage
    Local $exStyles = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES)

$hGui = GUICreate("ImageList AddIcon", 400, 300)
    $listview = _GUICtrlListView_Create($hGui, "", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_REPORT))
    _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($listview, $exStyles)
    GUISetState()

; Load images
    $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3)
    ;_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110)
    ;_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 131)
    ;_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 170)
    ;_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 171)
    ;_GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 172)
    _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 146)
;   _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1)

; Add columns
    _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($listview, "Column 1", 120)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($listview, "Column 2", 100)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($listview, "Column 3", 100)

; Add items
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Row 1: Col 1", 0)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview, 0, "Row 1: Col 2", 1, 1)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview, 0, "Row 1: Col 3", 2, 2)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Row 2: Col 1", 1)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview, 1, "Row 2: Col 2", 1, 2)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Row 3: Col 1", 2)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Row 4: Col 1", 3)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Row 5: Col 1", 4)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview, 4, "Row 5: Col 2", 1, 3)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($listview, "Row 6: Col 1", 5)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview, 5, "Row 6: Col 2", 1, 4)
    _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($listview, 5, "Row 6: Col 3", 2, 3)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($ListView, 0, 0,2)
    ; Loop until user exits
    Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

in  this example  put  icon only first  in  first colum  and   first in 3  colum

and  dont  use  columorder i think is possible to do with  out  columorder

Well, when you figure out how to do that, please let us know.