Running an .au3 script on a virtual server

I am trying to run a script on a virtual server running Windows Server 2012. It starts up Mozilla Firefox and issues a URL that requests a download which is then saved to a filename passed in the script. This works perfectly as long as my remote desktop connection to the server is open and visible on my monitor.

However, if I don't connect to the server via the remote desktop (I kick off the script at designated times using System Scheduler) or if the remote desktop window is minimized then the script gets hung up. The script starts properly and issues the URL to request the download but it can't see or activate the "Save As" dialogue window to pass the file name to it. I get the same results if I use IE instead of Firefox.

Is there a way to make this work on a virtual server? I'm a brand new AutoIt user...

Thanks.

If you have only to download a file you can always use: InetGet

Hi!

My UDF: NetInfo UDF Play with your network, check your download/upload speed and much more! YTAPI Easy to use YouTube API, now you can easy retrive all needed info from a video. NavInfo Check if a specific browser is installed and retrive other usefull information. YWeather Easy to use Yahoo Weather API, now you can easily retrive details about the weather in a specific region. No-IP UDF Easily update your no-ip hostname(s).

My Script: Wallpaper Changer Change you wallpaper dinamically, you can also download your wallpaper from your website and share it with all!   My Snippet: _ImageSaveToBMPConvert an image to bmp format. _SciteGOTO Open a file in SciTE at specific fileline. _FileToHex Show the hex code of a specified file

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work in this case. I'm not downloading a specific existing file. Rather, the URL contains embedded parameters that cause a data file to be generated and offered for download.