Opening MS access with wrkgrp and user and password

Hello

I need to open with autoit a MS access database!

This database is opening with this shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" /wrkgrp \\server\folder\sys.mdw \\server\folder\database.mdb /user MyUser /pwd MyPass

How do I open this in Autoit. (using COM object)

$adoCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")

$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & $dbname&"; SystemDB="&$wkname&"; " , $user, $pwd)

If Not(IsObj($adoCon)) Then
MsgBox(0,"error","error")
Exit
EndIf

; create recordset
$adoRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset")
$adoRs.CursorType = 1
$adoRs.LockType = 3

$sQuery = 'SELECT * FROM Address;'

; open query
$adoRs.Open($sQuery, $adoCon)

I got an error with the Query !

Need help

Thanks in advance !

Cramaboule

Have you tried like this?

$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & $dbname&"; SystemDB="&$wkname&";UID=" & $user & ";PWD=" & $pwd)

thanks

but it doesn't work:

C:\Users\Admin\Dropbox\au3\PO\test-accecss.au3 (33) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

On which line did the error occur? The $adoCon.Open statement? Also, you mentioned earlier that you received an error when you attempted to run the sql statement, but you didn't indicate what the actual error message was.

FWIW, I suspect the your initial attempt to open the file is failing and I don't believe your error checking will work as written. Here's some code from a script I previously wrote:

$sqlCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")
$sqlCon.Mode = 16 ; sharedenynone
$sqlCon.CursorLocation = 3 ; client side cursor

; Retrieve active call from ACD database
$sqlString = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);UID=userid;PWD=password;UserCommitSync=Yes;Threads=3;PageTimeout=5;MaxScanRows=8;MaxBufferSize=2048;FIL=MS Access;DriverId=25;DefaultDir=\\Server\Reports;DBQ=\\Server\Reports\dbACD.mdb"
$sqlCon.Open ($sqlString)

If $IEComErrorNumber = 0 Then
$sqlRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset")

$sqlString = "select count(*) as cnt from status where agentext <> 0 and status <> " & $AgentLogin
$sqlRs.open ($sqlString, $sqlCon)

If Not $sqlRs.EOF Then
; Record / field level functionality goes here
Endif

$sqlRs.close
Endif

If $sqlCon.state = $adStateOpen Then
$sqlCon.close
EndIf

_IEErrorHandlerDeRegister()

Essentially, this uses the COM error handler from IE.AU3, which avoids the script from erroring out when a COM error occurs. If you are using the latest beta version, then this won't be necessary.

Well,....

For some reasons it is working on the Access Server but not remotely...( from my remote PC !)

Both works fine for me!

$adoCon.Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & $dbname & ";Jet OLEDB:System Database="&$wkname&";User ID="&$user&";Password="&$pwd&";")

$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & $dbname&";SystemDB="&$wkname&";Uid="&$user&";Pwd="&$pwd&";")