Excel Button (The designed button)

I take a look at excel example and I think this is a tough one. I used the auto recorder and it couldn't identify the button as well. Anybody got a better way to press the excel button?

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

What do you mean by "Excel button"?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Excel has a design tab and you're able to create your own button in excel. Thats the button that I want autoit to press. I labeled as "Organize columns".

Edited by asianqueen

Msgbox(0, "Hate", "Just hate it when I post a question and find my own answer after a couple tries. But if I don't post the question, I can't seem to resolve it at all.")

And this is what I get

Application.Goto Reference:="Organize columns"

Should be

$oApplication.Goto("Organize columns")
"Organize columns" is the name of the Visual Basic procedure name.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

cameup an error:

Expected a "=" operator in assignment statement.

Shouldn't there suppose to be something I include?

You do not assign a value to a property, you call a method and pass a parameter.

MSDN.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Should be

$oApplication.Goto("Organize columns")
"Organize columns" is the name of the Visual Basic procedure name.

Shouldn't this be something like this instead?

$oApplication.Goto('Reference:="Organize columns"')

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

No, because AutoIt doesn't support parameter names.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Since this is a bit hard to do and the example you show doesn't work. How about have autoit run the macro that already been created in excel called "Module1"? I think it's more of a vb than macro.

Worksheets("Line1").Activate
    Dim r As Range
    For Each r In Range("F1", Range("f" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
        If r.Value Like "*_B*" Then
            r.Copy r(, 0)
        End If
        If r.Value Like "*_T*" Then
        r.Copy r(, 0)
        End If
        Next
        Worksheets("Line2").Activate

I tried oExcel.Run("Module1"), but error.

What do you mean by "error"? Can you please be a bit more specific? Do you get an error message from AutoIt or Excel?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Error from AutoIt

Error: The requested action with this object has failed

$oExcel.Run("Module1")

EDIT:

It works...

$oExcel.Run("FixColumn")
Edited by asianqueen

Add an COM error handler to your script so we get better error information. Check ObjEvent how to set up.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Water, give me a hint on this. How do you check and see if you already have excel file open. If it's open; process to next function on current excel that open.

Here's what I tried so far, but I think I might have missed something;

Local $sFilePath1 = @DesktopDir & "\Setup.xlsm"

Func test()
If $oExcel = _ExcelBookAttach($sFilePath1) Then
MagicTrick3()
Else
Local $sFilePath1 = @DesktopDir & "\Setup.xlsm" ;Check if Excel File Exist;
Endif
If Not FileExists($sFilePath1) Then
MsgBox(16, '', 'Does NOT exists!')
Stop() ;If Excel File Does Not Exist, Stop Loop;
EndIf

MagicTrick3()

EndFunc
Edited by asianqueen

To check if a workbook is already open you need something like _ExcelSheetList but for workbooks.

Unfortunately this function doesn't exist at the moment. Something like this:

For $oWorkbook in $oApplication.Workbooks
  If $oWorkbook.Name = "xyz" Then ...
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

shouldn't $oWorkbook already declared by excel.au3 or do I need to include excelex.au3?

Excel.au3 is fine too. You need the Excel application object in $oApplication.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok, I give up; I'll just send a close and re-open the workbook. Works great with this method anyways.

Thanks a bunch Water!

Sorry that I couldn't help more.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki