Open a game and then press a key after x seconds

So i have lots of games that ask me to press a key to continue. I want a ghetto way to automatically do it with autoit. Can you please help me?

I have tried this:

run "C:Program Files (x86)SampleSample.exe"

SetKeyDelay, 3000
Send {1}

But the game crashed immediately. I dont know much about programing so can you please help me? Some games start slow, some games start fast before getting to the "Press any key to continue", I want to manually adjust the delay of the keystroke. I just want to get a cup of water or something and when i come back i can have my game already loaded.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

"cup of water"?

So it's me to tell you that you need to read the forum rules (link is in the lower right corner of each page).

No game automation is allowed here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Rules are rules.  http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

No game automation threads period.

Topic locked, don't start another one that breaks the forum rules.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.