Is it possible to Fold/Unfold a portion of the GUI?

Hi, i would like to be able to fold part of the GUI, say you have a gui, and half of it is a listview, and then you want to hide the listview, but don't want to have the frame showing up, with a translucent rectangle right? see the problem?

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

I think Melba's is what you are looking for.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'll check that, thank you, it didn't come up in the search :

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

I haven't used it myself but I remembered that there was such an animal around ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Found it, and discovered the bit i need, but now i got a problem, i want to hide the equivalent to the middle section in this code:

Only the middle, and i don't quite understand how this works, can anyone explain how it works?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include "GUIExtender.au3"

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$hGUI_1 = GUICreate("Vertical", 300, 250, 100, 100)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "On_Exit")

_GUIExtender_Init($hGUI_1)

_GUIExtender_Section_Start($hGUI_1, 0, 120)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 10, 2, 280, 68)
_GUIExtender_Section_Action($hGUI_1, 2, "", "", 270, 40, 15, 15, 0, 1) ; Normal button
_GUIExtender_Section_End($hGUI_1)

_GUIExtender_Section_Start($hGUI_1, 120, 180)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 10, 78, 280, 80)

_GUIExtender_Section_Start($hGUI_1, 180, 240)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 10, 162, 280, 80)

_GUIExtender_Section_Extend($hGUI_1, 4, False)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func On_Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

See my script in the Example scripts section, it uses the GUIextender function for it. There's a section of the GUI below the buttons and above the bottom label that can be extended and shrunk, it might give you some ideas.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi, thanks, tried it, there was a problem, got 6 errors right away, most are "wrong number of arguments"

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

6 errors with what? Not my script because it doesn't error out for me on several different computers.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Well, maybe because i got the newer version of GUIExtender, it complains that there is a missing paramenter.

You don't have what is in bold.

_GUIExtender_Section_Start($hGUI_1, 120, 180)

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

I am using the original version he posted, there's a link to it inside the script for Latin Square. If you need to use the newer version, I'm sure it's probably a bit of a change, but using the original one for a single GUI worked for me.

EDIT: From looking at the thread for the new version, it looks like all you need to do is change the parameters that call the GUI Extender functions to include the GUI ID.

The UDF functions have not changed, but most of them now require the GUI handle as an additional parameter. When required, this is always placed first, with the subsequent parameters remaining as they were for the original UDF. So in fact amending current scripts is pretty simple.

The only UDF function with a changed functionality is _GUIExtender_Clear. This now removes the relevant GUI from the UDF array to save memory and is, of course, no longer required before using _GUIExtender_Init on another GUI.

Edited by BrewManNH

Ok, i see, but looking at your script, i can't figure out how it is done, seen examples of guiextender that are somewhat smaller, checked the syntax, but still can't get it.

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

careca,

I have answered here. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I did the same in my first AutoIt script. It works very fine but might not be the best way to do it. :)

Func _ShowOpts($show)
    Local $arrMainPos = WinGetPos($hGuiMain)

If $show Then
        WinMove($hGuiMain, "", Default, $arrMainPos[1], Default, $arrMainPos[3] + 165)
        GUICtrlSetState($grpOpts, $GUI_SHOW)
        ; .... more controls to show
    Else
        WinMove($hGuiMain, "", Default, $arrMainPos[1], Default, $arrMainPos[3] - 165)
        GUICtrlSetState($grpOpts, $GUI_HIDE)
        ; .... more controls to hide
    EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_ShowOpts

By pushing a button the GUI is vertically enlarged and reveals additional controls. Pushing the button again hides the previously shown controls and reduces the GUI size.

/EDIT added proper code tag for code section ;)

Edited by Tacomas

Nice, and nice first post! Would be even better if you added some autoit tags, that now aren't really tags,

the way it works is that you press the A icon, under the smiley, and put the code there, it will become better. :)

EDIT: the main difference from your code to the extender, is that the extender doesn't change the controls,

they remain the same size and position, only the gui is cut, or added, whereas with your code, controls change size and position.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

Tacomas,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

You will not be surprised to hear that the GUIExtender UDF works essentially the same way.  The main difference is that it moves the controls outside the GUI so that there is no overlap problem when sections move into the place previosuly occupied by another.  Do take a look inside the code and see how it works.   ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks for the warm welcome careca and Melba23. :) Sorry for the bad formatting of my post. I looked for a code tag when writing my post but somehow overlooked this icon. I'm really bad at identifying icons. :lol: My code doesn't change the size or the position of the controls, it just hides them. I will have a look at Melba's solution. I'm always interested to learn something new. ;)

Edited by Tacomas