Custom Control and how to automate it?

I'm trying to automate the installation of CleanUp! There seems to be a custom control (image below)

It looks like a slider but AutoIt's Window Info says it's a Button.

Moving the slider the only thing that changes is the ControlClick Coords.

I've tried Spyxx and the logs are so verbose (even with a minimal amount of logging) I get lost in file. That and I don't know what I'm looking for and if I found a custom message how to use it.

So I'm here asking how I can automate this control.

I would love to move the slider.

I also would like to be able to get the value of the slider's current position.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

post-79737-0-37735400-1368216838_thumb.p

post-79737-0-87652400-1368216901_thumb.p

• Moderators

Hi, basictheprogram, welcome to the forum. Have you looked into whether the applications supports a silent installation (as most do nowadays). Might save you the hassle.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Not 100% a silent install, but a work around: http://forums.stevengould.org/viewtopic.php?t=272 FOR the installation. What I need is the ability to customize the installation and I really don't want to mess around with hacking registry settings as is talked about in the above mentioned forum post. I'd rather walk the proper installation process and proper customization process. But off that, I'd like to learn how to find messages controls respond to and how to send those (potential) custom messages to controls.

I'll add that I can manipulate the control using like this:

; Quick Setup
Send("{TAB 6}")
; Standard CleanUp!
Send("{UP 2}")

But when I run the script a second time it moves the slider up another 2 entries. Which isn't want I want to have happen.

I also have tried something like this, but it failed.

ControlClick("CleanUp! Options", "Quick Setup", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:13]", "primary", 1, 23, 58)

Window Info Control Click Coords says "23, 58" but I'm not sure if Window Info is give me the coords relative to the control or window.

Edited by basictheprogram

Not hacking the registry, it's like, you install the program the first time, set the preferences or options, go to registry to the key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarestevengould.orgCleanUp!Options]

Export this key

Go to C:Program Files (x86)CleanUp!

copy the main exe and the help file somewhere, or create a sfx with the both files,

uninstall the program.

Next time you need the program, all you do is unpack the 2 files wherever you need,

and import the reg file with the options you had the last time you had the app installed.

Such a big text to explain something so simple. :

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe