SciTE option to look into #include files for auto-complete?

I like to separate my reusable code from the main code by creating  #include files .

However, these are a pain to use as the functions and variables inside these are not automatically added to the auto-complete list.

Is there a SciTE option that recognizes the #include keyword and includes the functions and variables of that file in the auto-complete function?

Alternately is there a script that I can schedule to run (on change of #include content) that does this,

• Developers

You could add the UDF Funcs to the UserUDF's and have them shown as the build-in funcs and UDFS.

Just look at the SciTE helpfile and look for "User Calltip Manager"

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You could add the UDF Funcs to the UserUDF's and have them shown as the build-in funcs and UDFS.

Just look at the SciTE helpfile and look for "User Calltip Manager"

Jos

Thanks Jos.

However, manually maintaining a list of function names for custom UDFs is not something useful to me.

If there isn't an automatic process that does the following - I'll make a utility to do for myself:

• read current scite tab code
  • extract include statements
  • for each include statement
    • if the include file is in the custom include folder, or is in the script's folder
      • extract the func detail from the file
  • display the extracted func detail to user
  • allow user to select a line
  • insert that line into the code

something like this:

post-79434-0-25377400-1368314089_thumb.p

Edited by MouseSpotter

• Developers

Thanks Jos.

However, manually maintaining a list of function names for custom UDFs is not something useful to me.

If there isn't an automatic process that does the following - I'll make a utility to do for myself:

• read current scite tab code
  • extract include statements
  • for each include statement
    • if the include file is in the custom include folder, or is in the script's folder
      • extract the func detail from the file
  • display the extracted func detail to user
  • allow user to select a line
  • insert that line into the code

something like this:

attachicon.gifpopup.png

Not that I know of so maybe a nice project to work on. You probably have to code it  in LUA in case you expect these Funcs to show up in AutoComplete and CallTip's.

Ps don't forget that many Include files are nesting other includes. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I know it's not lua, but look at how I do it in SciTE Jump for extracting functions in additional UDFs. As Jos said could be a nice challenge.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018