some regex troubles

i am trying to parse some textinfo and it just seems not to work.

here you can see what i am trying to do

http://regexr.com?34r61

i want to find the state (active or not) for all ten devices.

the regexp

(?ms)["tam:settings/TAM/list(Active,Name,Display,MSNBitmap)"] = {.*[4] = {s*["Active"] = "([10])",

seems to work and i can get the needed result by changing the numer (in bold).

I tried this in autoit with

$tam=4

$state = StringRegExp($text, '["tam:settings/TAM/list(Active,Name,Display,MSNBitmap)"] = {s*[' & $tam & '] = {s*["Active"] = "([10])",', 1)

but i never get a result...

can anyone please help me:-)

Edited by Allow2010

Where is that json syntax from?

Also look at the last parameter, change from 1 to 3.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Try this

#include <Array.au3>

$text = FileRead("1.txt")

$state = StringRegExp($text, '(?s)Active"\] = "(\d)"', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($state)

Edit

Or this

#include <Array.au3>

$text = FileRead("1.txt")

$state = StringRegExp($text, '(?s)Active"\] = "(\d)"', 3)
Dim $array[UBound($state)+1][2] = [["device", "status"]]
For $i = 1 to UBound($state)
  $array[$i][0] = $i
  $array[$i][1] = $state[$i-1]
Next
_ArrayDisplay($array)
Edited by mikell

Try this

thanks, i will try and report back...but (as the file holds some more text) it might be a bit too simple and may match something that looks similar..thats why i decided to match tam:settings/TAM/list(Active,Name,Display,MSNBitmap)"] first...

Whatever but don't forget the powerful;

(?=[d+]) 

This asserts that this:

[d+])

can be matched, then continues by starting at this position and so on until end of file Z in my script.

#include <Array.au3>

$text = FileRead(@MyDocumentsDir & "\test.txt")

$state = StringRegExp($text, '(?-s)\[\d+\].*?\r?\n.*?\["Active"\]\s*=\s*"(\d+)"(?s).*?(?=\[\d+\]|\Z)', 3)
  $array[$i][0] = $i
Next
_ArrayDisplay($array)
Edited by Jury

Whatever but don't forget the powerful;

(?=[d+]) 

This asserts that this:

[d+])

can be matched, then continues by starting at this position and so on until end of file Z in my script.

#include <Array.au3>

$text = FileRead(@MyDocumentsDir & "\test.txt")

$state = StringRegExp($text, '(?-s)\[\d+\].*?\r?\n.*?\["Active"\]\s*=\s*"(\d+)"(?s).*?(?=\[\d+\]|\Z)', 3)
  $array[$i][0] = $i
Next
_ArrayDisplay($array)

Well, thank you...but i have to take a very close look at this to understand it...will reply when i understand :-)

Edited by Allow2010

Meanwhile i have another regexp problem that gives me a headache:

<textarea id="uiDnsRebind" name="dns_rebind_list" cols="30" rows="5">Line1
Line2
Line3
morelines

</textarea>

i want the text between

<textarea id="uiDnsRebind" name="dns_rebind_list" cols="30" rows="5">

and </textarea>

and i can sucessfully get it with

$matches = StringRegExp($result, '(?ms)<textarea id="uiDnsRebind" name="dns_rebind_list" cols="30" rows="5">(.*?)</textarea>', 1)

but after that all the linefeeds are converted to the text "lf". Not sure why that is...

Can anyone tell me how i can get this as a result:

"Line1%0D%0ALine2%0D%0ALine3%0D%0Amorelines%0D%0A"

I am banging my head now for over an hour:-(

Edited by Allow2010

I'm not sure of the result you exactly expect but please try this

$txt = '<textarea id="uiDnsRebind" name="dns_rebind_list" cols="30" rows="5">Line1' & @crlf & _ 
'Line2' & @crlf & _ 
'Line3' & @crlf & _ 
'morelines' & @crlf & _ 
'</textarea>'

$res = StringRegExp($txt, '(?s)<textarea.+?>(.*?)<', 3)
msgbox(0, "", $res[0])
$res2 = StringReplace($res[0], @crlf, '%0D%0A')
msgbox(0, "", $res2)

Rule of thumb >> Windows >> rn or @CRLF for line endings. It just stops problems like this happening.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

...for some reasons the text i am parsing used @LF instead of @CRLF. Once i found it all worked out...

You can solve this with regexp  :)

$txt = '<textarea id="uiDnsRebind" name="dns_rebind_list" cols="30" rows="5">Line1' & @crlf & _ 
'Line2' & @lf & _ 
'Line3' & @lf & _ 
'morelines' & @crlf & _ 
'</textarea>' 

;msgbox(0, "", $txt ) 
$res = StringRegExp($txt, '(?s)<textarea.+?>(.*?)<', 3) 
;msgbox(0, "", $res[0]) 
$res2 = StringRegExpReplace($res[0], @crlf & '|' & @lf, '%0D%0A')  ;<<<<<<
msgbox(0, "", $res2)

F.Y.I.

M23 came up with this slick assed SRE to normalize EOL's

; By Melba23, convert @CR & @LF to @CRLF. Using lookarounds, very clever!
$sReturn = StringRegExpReplace($sReturn, '((?<!\x0d)\x0a|\x0d(?!\x0a))', @CRLF)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I need to ask why Melba23 why he opted for the hex values instead of r and n?

; By Melba23, convert @CR & @LF to @CRLF. Using lookarounds, very clever!
$sReturn = StringRegExpReplace($sReturn, '((?<!\r)\n|\r(?!\n)', @CRLF)

UDF List: