Mouseclick in Excel ver 10 Workbook

Hello, I am new to autoit and trying to left-click mouse (into a XL textbox) at a specific location in the currently active worksheet. My code is not clicking at the intended location. Am wondering what needs to be fixed. Here is my code:

#include <Excel.au3> 

$sAppTitle = ( WinGetTitle("")) ; gets title of currently active XL inv window
ControlClick($sAppTitle,"", "[CLASS:EXCEL7; INSTANCE:1]","left",1, 607, 144) ; got the Class and coords 607,144 via Autoit Window Info (x86)

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are trying to access a specific cell then use Excel.au3. Your code shows you included Excel.au3 so you can reference the commands you need, but you then resort to generic windows actions to interact.

Look in the help file for the excel commands and you will find all the answers you need.

If you try to automate XLSX files, give my rewrite  of the Excel UDF a try. Unfortunately the Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt doesn't handle the new file formats very well.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki