{SHIFTDOWN} {CTRLDOWN} problem in v3.1.1.68beta?

Guest Potto

I have a script written which utilizes Kleptomania's OCR to help me navigate a non standard list box. I am currently activating Klepto by using the key combo of ctrl + shift... and it has worked fine all along. However, I implemented some database functionality in my latest build, and had to (naturally) switch to the beta ver of AutoIt. (v3.1.1.68 (beta) ) Upon execution, I found the ctrl shift keys did not stay down, they simply were sent like any other keypress.

I have searched the beta's help file to ensure the specs for Send have not change, and indeed they haven't. I searched the forum for this "problem" and believe it has not been discussed before. I did notice a note in the changelog posted 24 June stating "Send("{SHIFTDOWN}") no permanent", and was wondering if this removed the functionality.

Anyways, here's a snippet from my testcase code I have on my home system, which just sends a few commands to MS Access as a test....

If I missed a new function that has been added to be used in tandem with shiftdown, I apologize. Thanks....

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Microsoft Office\Office\msaccess.exe")
WinWait("Microsoft Access","Create a new")
ControlClick("Microsoft Access","Create a new", "Cancel")
WinWaitClose("Microsoft Access","Create a new")
Send("^o")
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}")
Send("{CTRLDOWN}")
Do
    Sleep(10)
Until MouseGetCursor() = 0
MouseClick("left", 440, 330)
Send("{SHIFTUP}")
Send("{CTRLUP}")
Send("1")
WinWaitClose("classname=k-mania Fake")
$sCapture = ClipGet()
$sTeststr = "db1"

Functions after that point parse the clipboard and figure out where on the screen to interact.... but the problem area is simply the SHIFTDOWN, CTRLDOWN. If you have Kleptomania set to have CTRL+SHIFT be its trigger, the cursor should change to a customized i-bar.....

Thanks,

Paul

Ok, I have moved on to perform my OCR routine another way (now call a command line program).... but I still think it might be important for someone that handles development to know that the way the SEND feature functions has changed, without any documentation stating the fact.

Just thought I'd bump this once with hopes someone might get it.

Regards,

Paul

Ok, I have moved on to perform my OCR routine another way (now call a command line program).... but I still think it might be important for someone that handles development to know that the way the SEND feature functions has changed, without any documentation stating the fact.

Just thought I'd bump this once with hopes someone might get it.

Regards,

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, We know some changes have occured. :whistle:

Jon is taking care of the problem.

I will try to have a look when I have solved other issue in my GUI code.