Opened too many files

Blog

I was running a long loop with my script and it crashed after running for several hours, apparently because too many files have been opened. I double checked my script for fileopen() and fileclose() and I am quite sure that I have closed every file that got opened. What's going on here? Is it a memory problem?

I was running a long loop with my script and it crashed after running for several hours, apparently because too many files have been opened. I double checked my script for fileopen() and fileclose() and I am quite sure that I have closed every file that got opened. What's going on here? Is it a memory problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you post your script someone may be able to see if there is anything wrong with it.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this what they called "debugging by telepathy"? :whistle:

Is this what they called "debugging by telepathy"?  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now close your eyes and concentrate :whistle::dance::dance:

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Wow, you guys are good... it worked!

In making me go back to retrieve the script, I noticed one FileOpen() that wasn't closed. I had forgotten I used it there... and the error message I got directed me somewhere else in the code so I didn't see it the first time.

Nice, debugging by telepathy DOES work :whistle: Except I had my eyes open at the time.

Edited by Blog

In making me go back to retrieve the script, I noticed one FileOpen() that wasn't closed. I had forgotten I used it there... and the error message I got directed me somewhere else in the code so I didn't see it the first time.

Nice, debugging by telepathy DOES work  :whistle:  Except I had my eyes open at the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, glad I could help!

Nice, debugging by telepathy DOES work  :dance:  Except I had my eyes open at the time.

Well, you know, the Force is strong in us and with AutoIT we will cross the final frontier where no man has gone before :whistle:

May the Force be with you!

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

OT: Ah, someone else who saw William Shatner open the tribute for George Lucas. :whistle:

(Paraphrasing) William Shatner: "I just love these conventions. Don't you? I am so proud to be part of what started it all. Star Trek has been an incredible cultural ..."

Bill notices Star Wars poster then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. He starts reading.

"Dear Mr. Shatner,

We are writing to ask you to open <mumble> tribute to George Lucas <mumble> ... STAR WARS!?"

Two guys dressed as storm troopers walk up behind him and start to pick him up to carry him off-stage.

"Star Wars? I can do Star Wars. Put me down." He then sang, more like said, a version of "My Way" in tribute to George's independant nature.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

"Star Wars?  I can do Star Wars.  Put me down."  He then sang, more like said, a version of "My Way" in tribute to George's independant nature.

Well, there can be only one. No, wait, that's something different .... :whistle:

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *