A little help from my Autoit friends

Go to solution Solved by water,

Hi.

I'm not sure if what I am trying to violiates the terms of this forum, and if it does I applogise.

But I'm sitting in a position at work, where I daily need to create users in our systems. I have done autoit scripting before, but I have never tried to navigate through IE. Some of our systems requires use of IE and her I need you guys.

How do I navigate to webpage and "press" the "button" in the menu:

Configuration

and the submenu:

Security

and the submenu:

User

and then enter text to some fields on the webpage called:

User ID

First Name

Last Name

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Valnurat

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

The builtin IE UDF helps you to automate this task. Have a look at the help file. The _IEForm* functions is what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The builtin IE UDF helps you to automate this task. Have a look at the help file. The _IEForm* functions is what you need.

Thank you for the feedback.

First thing, I see this "IE UDF" all the time here in the forum. What does UDF stand for?

Second thing, I look at the _IEForm* and found this exampel:

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com")

Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "f")

Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "q")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "AutoIt IE.au3")

_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

What is the "f" in the:

Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "f")

because when I try to run it IE opens and point to www.google.com, but after notthing happens.

I look on other treads here that I need to look in the htmlsource, but I do not see anything that could explain "f".

Note: My buttons on my google is danish.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

• Solution

"f" is the name of a form in the html code. But it seems like it has changed since the sample code was written. Have a look at the source code of www.google.com and you will find a form with id=gbqf.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

"f" is the name of a form in the html code. But it seems like it has changed since the sample code was written. Have a look at the source code of www.google.com and you will find a form with id=gbqf.

Thank you very much.

have a nice weekend.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.