How do I select a Java Sub Submenu in IE?

Go to solution Solved by DaleHohm,

I'm trying to "press" a sub submenu in my IE.

MainMenu

SubMenu

SubMenu

<div class="rf-ddm-itm rf-ddm-itm-unsel pd_menuheader pd_item" id="headerForm:menuUsers" onclick="window.location.href = '/views/securitymanagement/users/users.xhtml'"><span class="rf-ddm-itm-ic "><div class="rf-ddm-emptyIcon"></div></span><span class="rf-ddm-itm-lbl ">User</span><script type="text/javascript">new RichFaces.ui.MenuItem("headerForm:menuUsers",{"mode":"client"} );</script></div>

How do I do that?

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

• Moderators

Valnurat, please do not bump your posts without waiting 24 hours at least. This gives us plenty of time to review your issue and assist where we're able. If we need more information, we'll definitely ask :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Generally, in my experience, all the links are always visible in the dom.  So I just click them.  Else you have to do .mouseover actions to wait for menu's to open/close their sub menu's, and go on down the line (generally waiting for the sub menu to include a height greater than 0)...or click, depending on the page.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

• Solution

First, it's JavaScript, not Java - same first four letters, little else is the same.

You'll find some examples in the forum - try searching for fireevent and menu.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble