InternetShortcutCreator v1.0.1.5

wakillon

InternetShortcutCreator v1.0.1.5

On your desktop, your Internet Shortcuts  have all the same default icon ? 

it's a pity !  :ermm: 

With InternetShortcutCreator you can Create an Internet Shortcut with the website's favicon ! :thumbsup:

(if there is one and if it can be found and downloaded)

Now when your browser is in fullscreen, no need to resize it for be able to drag the favicon :king:

(who is at left of the url bar) for create a shortcut on your desktop.

So, how it works :

When Mouse is over Url Bar, Cursor becomes a blue hand.

20130521213753.jpg

At this moment Click Middle mouse button (or F10 for touchpad user) for start.

While script is working to create shortcut, Cursor become a red hand ( when it's red, you need to wait for create an other shortcut)

Cursor is reset to default when Mouse is not over Url Bar.

Attention : control or text can only be found for IE or Chromium familly (Chromium, Chrome, SrWare Iron, Comodo Dragon, Yandex.Browser, Baidu Spark Browser).

So for other browsers you need to copy the url.

No externals files needed, they are already in script.

>WinAPIEx.au3 and >WinHTTP.au3 needed.

Source :  InternetShortcutCreator v1.0.1.5.au3

ExecutableInternetShortcutCreator.exe.html

(Once this html file downloaded, double click on it for start the download)

See Tray Menu for access Settings.

A little tool who can help you and permit your desktop to be more nice!  :)

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Hahaha, another thing for my to clean!  I suppose its a neat idea for certain people, although the shortcut has identifiable user logon info inside of it.  I believe there was a technique used in older Internet Explorer versions where the icon itself was embedded within the .URL file itself, perhaps as a hex string?  I can't remember how it was done specifically, but it was dropped later.

By the way - cleaning out the temp folder is something I do regularly. Perhaps you should think of putting the icons in a location less likely to be deleted from system cleaner software?

One more thing - running the program, then launching IE10 while its running, crashes your program (Win 7 x64).

Hahaha, another thing for my to clean!  I suppose its a neat idea for certain people, although the shortcut has identifiable user logon info inside of it.  I believe there was a technique used in older Internet Explorer versions where the icon itself was embedded within the .URL file itself, perhaps as a hex string?  I can't remember how it was done specifically, but it was dropped later.

By the way - cleaning out the temp folder is something I do regularly. Perhaps you should think of putting the icons in a location less likely to be deleted from system cleaner software?

One more thing - running the program, then launching IE10 while its running, crashes your program (Win 7 x64).

Hi Ascend4nt

When you say the shortcut has identifiable user logon info inside of it, all what i see it's the username !

For the icons dir which location do you suggest ?, home drive ?

I can not believe ie is your default browser...

For ie crash i only try with ie7,8,9.

Edit : Did you get an error message ?

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts