Having a problem

Go to solution Solved by BrewManNH,

It's not enough code to be able to tell.  For sure we'd need to see:

1) _CreateBulkInput

2) _DestroyBulkInput

3) What is the variable for the spreadsheet icon you click to create the .CSV input?

There may be more that we'd need to see, but that's a start.

I'm able to reproduce the exact issue with sample code from AutoIt HelpFile

#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $hRichEdit

Main()

Func Main()
Local $hGui, $iMsg, $btnDoIt
$hGui = GUICreate("Example (" & StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & ")", 320, 350, -1, -1)
;$hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGui, "This is a test.", 10, 10, 300, 220, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL))
$btnDoIt = GUICtrlCreateButton("Do it", 10, 260, 90, 25)
$btnnew = GUICtrlCreateButton("make it", 120, 260, 90, 25)

GUISetState()

While True
$iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
Case $iMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
GUIDelete() ; needed unless script crashes if DoIt as not been pushed
Exit
Case $iMsg = $btnDoIt
_GUICtrlRichEdit_Destroy($hRichEdit)
Case $iMsg = $btnnew
$hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGui, "This is a test.", 10, 10, 300, 220, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL))
EndSelect
WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Main

On Win7 creating gui and destorying gui only works once. Subsequent creates fail.

FYI This EXACT code on Win Server 2008 R2 creates and destroys richedit multiple times. 

Edited by kor

• Solution

A simple search of the forums would have revealed several topics related to this issue with the RichEdit UDF, there is a bug in the UDF that prevents creating more than one RE control, this bug has been fixed in the latest beta versions. here is the one line fix for the problem.

; delete this line in _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create
If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $_GRE_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Invalid Window handle for _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create 1st parameter
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

A simple search of the forums would have revealed several topics related to this issue with the RichEdit UDF, there is a bug in the UDF that prevents creating more than one RE control, this bug has been fixed in the latest beta versions. here is the one line fix for the problem.

; delete this line in _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create
If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $_GRE_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Invalid Window handle for _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create 1st parameter

I feel so dumb. In fact I believe I've brought this exact thing up before and you helped me fix it last time changing the same line of code. Since this is a new machine and because I haven't played with my code in several months I forgot about this fix. Thank you so much.

Create a new function, something like _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateFix and copy to a new include file. This a prime example of why people shouldn't be editing the AutoIt includes if they don't know what they're doing.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018