How can I include Blatdll.h when using Blat?

I use blat.dll from the free mailer https://www.blat.net - but it turns Unicode characters in my body, etc. to Gibberish.

Here's what I currently do:

DllCall("blat.dll,"int","Send","str", "list of Blat parameters...")

Can you please tell me how to also employ the file blatdll.h?

[+] Converted the source code to use Unicode throughout. As a result, I
added both MBCS and Unicode interfaces for the .DLL. Developers will need
to adapt or include blatdll.h into their projects so they can call the .DLL
properly. Blatdll.h is included in the release package.

One issue that developers using Blat.dll will need to be aware of is that I
created blatdll.h for this project. This blatdll.h file should be included into
your source files, or adapted to your source files as necessary, because it
identifies the Unicode versus MBCS entry points in blat.dll. Blat.dll supports
both Unicode strings and MBCS strings, depending on which entry point is called.
Just as in C there are functions like _tcslen() that is defined as wcslen() or
strlen(), depending on Unicode or MBCS respectively, there are now similar macro
names for the blat.dll entry points.

Edited by LWC
Fixed link

• 3 weeks later...

In honor of the 10 year anniversary for my unanswered question, I should tell you I've never found out how to use blatdll.h in AutoIt, but thanks to with Blat's own developer I did manage to solve the Unicode issue by using W in 2 places below (SendW and wstr):

DllCall("blat.dll,"int","SendW","wstr", "list of Blat parameters...")

Edited by LWC

13 hours ago, LWC said:

I've never found out how to use blatdll.h in AutoIt

Nobody has for the perfectly good reason that it doesn't make any sense to try to "use" a C header file (meant to hold various C declarations/definitions so that the C compiler knows about them) in an AutoIt interpreter.

That's about the same as asking how to use the table of content of a surgery textbook in an Excell accounting spreadsheet.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

True, but I was hoping someone could convert it to a usable AutoIt code. Back then it seemed more logical than using the DLL's commands directly against the desires of Blat's developer.

It's only due to the developer's agreement to expose the "w" that it was possible to proceed without that conversion.

Edited by LWC