reading subject in outlook

Go to solution Solved by water,

Hi all,

i have a script that at the moment will perform a certain task when the script is run for outlook.

For example there are 5 unread emails in a certain folder it will then loop through performing specific functions for each email however what i need to be able to do is to grab specific information from the subject and paste that in.

So the subject will look like this - FW: Complete: test1 update: ORD0000xxxxxxxx: AVC: Connect: OWO_xxxxxx: ASI000000220777

I want to be able to grab the part after OWO_ i want the xxxxxx part to be pasted into a form however not sure how to capture the information from the subject field and paste it in?

any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Please have a look at my OutlookEX UDF (for download please see my signature).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have 95% of the script working doing what i need however i need it to work from a specific FOLDER and not my main mailbox. I just need to be able to have the script perform the function i need there is mail in a certain folder. If possible can you show or modify the part you think i need to fix up? all help is appreciated!!!!!

#include <OutlookEX.au3>

$ol = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$ns = $ol.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
$MyFolder = ObjCreate("Outlook.MAPIFolder")
$objns = ObjCreate("Outlook.Namespace")
Global $oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
Global $test = ObjEvent($oOApp, "oOApp_")
$WRACT_NBNinbox = $ns.Folders("Mailbox - WRActivations_NBN").folders("Inbox").folders("NBN").folders("Completed")
While 1
WEnd
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

Func oOApp_NewMailEx($sOL_EntryId)

Local $oOL_Item = $oOApp.Session.GetItemFromID($sOL_EntryId, Default)
    $count = $WRACT_NBNinbox.Items.Count
    For $position = $count To 1 Step - 1
        MouseClick("left",69,388,1)
        ;REST OF SCRIPT ACTIONS

Next

EndFunc   ;==>oOApp_NewMailEx

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Do you want to process all unread mails currently in your folder or do you want to process new mails arriving while your script is running?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

i want to be able to process all unread mails currently in a folder - as outlook will have a rule to move certain emails to folders and what i want to do is run the script every few hours to process those emails.

its currently only doing the function when new mail go into my mailbox but i want it for a certain folder and want to take a specific part of the subject field and use that in my function.

Replace "*Outlook-UDF-Test" with the name of your folder.

#include <OutlookEX.au3>
Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject,EntryID")
_OL_Close($oOutlook)

Now you've got an array with the Subject and EntryID of all unread mails.

How do you want to process this mails (save, print ...)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok so essentially i will have 100 unread emails in a folder and i want to run the script which will then read the first email and perform the function required and i need it to paste a reference number from the subject into a field.

it will then move onto the next email and do the same function and so on........till its gone to the last email then stop script

My code gives you the subject in

$aItems[$i][0]

$i is the index for the row in the array.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok i can't quite understand what i am doing wrong here - newbie @ Autoit :( i had the tooltip work whenever an email would reach my inbox and it would display the time and date of the email. however i need it to be able to show me the time and date of the oldest email in a folder and i dont know if i am even heading in the right direction :(

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters= -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Stop_OnWarning=Y
#include <OutlookEX.au3>
#include <Date.au3>

Global $oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
Global $test = ObjEvent($oOApp, "oOApp_")
Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\NBN\Completed", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject,EntryID")
_OL_Close($oOutlook)

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
dim $balloon2
dim $balloon

While 1

oOApp_NewMailEx($sOL_EntryId)

ExitLoop

wend

func oOApp_NewMailEx($sOL_EntryId)
    $count = $oOutlook.Items.Count
    For $position = $count To 1 Step - 1
    Local $oOL_Item = $oOApp.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems, Default)
    $balloon = $oOL_Item.Receivedtime
    $balloon2 = StringMid($balloon, 7, 2) & "/" & StringMid($balloon, 5, 2) & "/" & StringLeft($balloon, 4) & " - " & StringMid($balloon, 9, 2) & ":" & StringMid($balloon, 11, 2) & ":" & StringMid($balloon, 13, 2)
    ;If $balloon2 <> @HOUR Then
        ToolTip ($balloon2, 800 , 10, "Order Approaching SLA", 2, 1)
    Next

EndFunc

;Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
;   WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
;   If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
;   WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
;EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

i keep getting this error come up -

post-80210-0-09089700-1369721351_thumb.j

I'm quite busy at the moment but hope to post an example this weekend.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Do you need to combine processing of Outlook events (means: run a function when a new mail arrives) plus processing all unread mails in one script?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

sorry for the delay - i need it to be able to just process un-read mail (oldest email sitting in a certain dropbox) once that mail is moved to another folder then the timer moves to the next oldest email in the folder and displays how long it has been sitting there for.

i ran a test in the above code to see how it would work when new mail arrived and it worked fine, just don't know how to get it to work on unprocessed emails.

any help is appreciated :) cheers - once again yes i am a newbie at this lol

This always returns the Subject/ReceivedTime of the oldest mail:

#include <OutlookEX.au3>

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Posteingang", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject,EntryID,ReceivedTime", "[ReceivedTime]")
_ArrayDisplay($aitems)
MsgBox(0, "", "Oldest Mail: " & @CRLF & "Subject: " & $aitems[1][0] & @CRLF & "Received on: " & StringRegExpReplace($aitems[1][2],"(\d{4})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})","$1/$2/$3 $4:$5:$6"))
_OL_Close($oOutlook)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

actually i figured it all out (Thanks to your help) and works great with the msgbox however i need it to be put in a tool tip if possible? i am not sure how to translate the msgbox code into a tooltip? you able to assist with that

nearly there :D

Edited by idanzzz

• Solution

Something like this?

#include <OutlookEX.au3>

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Posteingang", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject,EntryID,ReceivedTime", "[ReceivedTime]")
If $aItems[0][0] > 0 Then
    ToolTip("Oldest Mail: " & @CRLF & "Subject: " & $aItems[1][0] & @CRLF & "Received on: " & StringRegExpReplace($aItems[1][2], "(\d{4})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})", "$1/$2/$3 $4:$5:$6"))
    Sleep(5000) ; Display the TooLTip for 5 seconds
EndIf
_OL_Close($oOutlook)
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki