Relative path

I'd like to set default Thunderbird profile with an Autoit script

Local $file = FileOpen("C:\Users\Vincenzo\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", 1)

; Check if file opened for writing OK
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf

FileWriteLine($file, "[Profile1]")
FileWriteLine($file, "Name=Posta")
FileWriteLine($file, "IsRelative=0")
FileWriteLine($file, "Path=D:\Posta\Vincenzo")
FileWriteLine($file, "Default=1")

FileClose($file)

The script works fine, but i'd like to replace C:UsersVincenzo with a relative path

I tried

Local $file = FileOpen(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", 1)

but it doesn't work. Scite editor tell me ""C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "D:AppsscrivifileThunderbird.au3"".

Please help me

• Moderators

Have you tried with the @AppDataDir macro? Just curious if you get any different behavior. You could also do something like this to confirm you're getting what you expect:

$file = @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini"
MsgBox(0, "", $file)

Although, if you are editing the ini file, I would suggest using IniWrite rather than FileOpen and FileWrite

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm sorry, I made a mistake. 
$file = @UserProfileDir & "AppDataRoamingThunderbirdprofiles.ini"
and
Local $file = FileOpen(@UserProfileDir & "AppDataRoamingThunderbirdprofiles.ini", 1)
work both well.

I don't know what error I made. However thanks to JLogan3o13 for the advice

I have another suggestion to ask you.
I'd like to replace some elements of this string "Path=D:PostaVincenzo"
I want to change "D:" with the letter of my partition data
and "Vincenzo" with User name
I hope it's clear, tell me if you don't understand.

• Moderators

If you're meaning that you want to be able to add in variables and write them to the file, you should be able to do something like this:

$var1 = "C:\"
$var2 = @UserName

IniWrite(@DesktopDir & "\my.ini", "Profile1", "Path", $var1 & "Posta\" & $var2)

This will create the following in the ini

[Profile1]
Path=C:\Posta\JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

This is the script 

$var1 = "D:\"
$var2 = @UserName

IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "Name", "Posta")
IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "IsRelative", "0")
IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "Path", $var1 & "Posta\" & $var2)
IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "Default", "1")
I need to assign to $var1 the letter of my partition data
 I'm able to assign it in a batch file.
 This is what I do:
 I created a blank text file named partitiondata.txt in my partition data
 then I write this code to identify the correct letter
 FOR %%m IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%m:"partitiondata.txt" SET DiscoD=%%m:

Is it possible to do the same with Autoit?
Edited by trof

For loop, FileExists and StringSplit are something to look at. Give it  a try.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks for your advice, I use fileexists function.

This is the script. It is not elegant but it works well

If FileExists("C:\partitiondata.txt") Then
  $var1 = "C:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
    IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "Name", "Posta")
    IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "IsRelative", "0")
    IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "Path", $var1 & "Posta\" & $var2)
    IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini", "Profile1", "Default", "1")
EndIf
If FileExists("D:\partitiondata.txt") Then 
  $var1 = "D:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("E:\partitiondata.txt") Then
  $var1 = "E:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("F:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "F:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("G:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "G:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("H:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "H:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("I:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "I:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("J:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "J:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("K:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "K:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("L:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "L:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("M:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "M:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("N:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "N:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("O:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "O:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("P:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "P:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("Q:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "Q:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("R:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "R:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("S:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "S:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("T:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "T:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("U:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "U:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("V:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "V:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("W:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "W:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("X:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "X:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("Y:\partitiondata.txt") Then    
    $var1 = "Y:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf
If FileExists("Z:\partitiondata.txt") Then     
    $var1 = "Z:\"
    $var2 = @UserName
EndIf

Please, help me to make the script more professional

Watch this...as I said StringSplt, For loop and FileExists.

#include <Constants.au3>

Local $aSplit = StringSplit('D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z', ' '), _
        $sDrive = '', _
        $sUserName = @UserName
For $i = 1 To $aSplit[0]
    If FileExists($aSplit[$i] & ':\PartitionData.txt') Then
        $sDrive = $aSplit[$i] & ':\'
        IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & '\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini', 'Profile1', 'Name', 'Posta')
        IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & '\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini', 'Profile1', 'IsRelative', '0')
        IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & '\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini', 'Profile1', 'Path', $sDrive & 'Posta\' & $sUserName)
        IniWrite(@UserProfileDir & '\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini', 'Profile1', 'Default', '1')
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

If Not ($sDrive = '') Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'Drive: ' & $sDrive)
Else
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'An error occurred.')
EndIf
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

That's there because I use $MB_SYSTEMMODAL.

UDF List:

OK. I just provided a "working example", you can do what you want with the code.

UDF List: