I need help getting started. Anyone wanna take on this challenge?

Hello. So, I'm a noob to all of this scripty business. 

I've read some blogs, watched some videos, and have tried to get through the help documents to understand what I need to do to reach my goal. 

Here's the gist of what I'm trying to do:

FIRST OF ALL, I need to use FireFox.

I need to go to a website, login, click on a drop down menu, change my availability status, WAIT for something to happen (which occurs at random). When that random thing happens, I need to copy the random given text and paste it into a search field on another website, select search (or press enter). 

At this point, I'm given two possible scenarios. If the first happens, a button appears on the screen asking me to search again. If that happens, that button MUST be pressed and once it is, scenario 2 always happens soon after. If that button DOES NOT appear, then scenario 2 will present me with text that needs to be copied and pasted into the ORIGINAL website, and finally a "send" button must be pressed. 

Shew. I hope that's understandable lol. I found that with google chrome, right clicking on an item and selecting "inspect element" will give me some information that needs to be put into the script. Is that a necessary tool that needs to be used? 

I obviously need some help. Please don't assume that I know anything and use baby language. 

What have you tried/coded so far?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If i remember right, there is some sort of firefox udf, to do some of the things you need.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Exactly. You can find the FireFox UDF (User Defined Functions)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What have you tried/coded so far?

So far, I've managed to open the IE, set the username and password, and login. Not sure how to make a selection in the drop down menu. 

Exactly. You can find the FireFox UDF (User Defined Functions)

How would I go about installing these codes and using them? 

I was trying to do an auto-login, and managed to do it in this forum, but for gmail it doesn't seem to work.

#include <FF.au3>
#include <FF_AutoLogin.au3>

_FFConnect ()
_FFWindowOpen("https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLoginAuth")
_FF_AutoLogin('moderncareca', 'pass')
Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

You need to download the UDF and make sure to get the MozRepl addin from Mozilla.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You need:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mozrepl/

And the attachments i have here, and a code similar to what i posted.

FF.au3

FF_AutoLogin.au3

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

Which version of Firefox do you use? You need to make sure to use the latest version of the MozRepl addin.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ok cool. I've downloaded the links. I'm not sure how to use them to be honest  :ermm: I'm going to post exactly what I have. My password and username is on here. It's not generic or anything so nobody will get far with it. 

This will open up with IE. I've downloaded the firefox languages that you've provided me but I just keep getting an error. Perhaps you could help me out. I don't care if you use the user and pass and login with firefox. Right now I'm trying to change the "away" status in the top left corner to "available". If you change it to available, as quickly as possible change it back to away, so that the next part won't happen. We'll get there maybe. 

#include <IE.au3>

Call("SignIn")

Func SignIn()
Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://universe.chacha.com")

Local $username = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "guideHandle")
Local $password = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "password")
Local $button = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "loginBtn")

_IEFormElementSetValue($username, "timothy855")
_IEFormElementSetValue($password, "babyboy01")
_IEAction($button, "click")
EndFunc   ;==>SignIn

IE and FF are completely different beasts. Forget what you coded for IE and start from scratch for FF.

Use the examples careca provided.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sadly, the site you provided has 3 inputs, so when i use the most common code, the site then asks for the zip code, and won't login, the alternative, i would try is to send username, send tab, send pass, send tab, send zipcode, send enter. lool

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

Welcome to the forum!
I am no expert, but look at the "Send" function in the help file. Its good to see that you are trying.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Did another try with FF udf, but im lost in the functions, this is what i tried that i thought could work..

#include <FF.au3>

_FFConnect ()
_FFWindowOpen("https://universe.chacha.com")
_FFSetValue('guideHandle', 'UserXXX', 'name')
_FFSetValue('login_guideHandle', 'PassXXX', 'id')
_FFSetValue('login_zipCode', '12345', 'id')
_FFClick('login_loginBtn', 'id')

It seems to write to the "Value" field, but what i need is to write to text field...bit confused on this.

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

Hahahaa, i messed up the sintax, this works:

#include <FF.au3>

_FFConnect ()
_FFWindowOpen("https://universe.chacha.com")

_FFSetValue('UserXXX', 'guideHandle', 'name');Choose one
_FFSetValue('UserXXX', 'login_guideHandle', 'id')

_FFSetValue('PassXXX', 'password', 'name');Choose one
_FFSetValue('PassXXX', 'login_password', 'id')

_FFSetValue('12345', 'zipCode', 'name');Choose one
_FFSetValue('12345', 'login_zipCode', 'id')

_FFClick('login_loginBtn', 'id');Click login button

Look at the syntax from the FF udf:

; #FUNCTION# ===================================================================
; Name ..........: _FFSetValue
; Description ...: Sets a value of an element
; Beschreibung ..: Setzt den Wert (value) eines Elements
; AutoIt Version : V3.3.0.0
; Syntax ........: _FFSetValue($sValue, $sElement[, $sMode = "elements"[, $iIndex = 0]])
; Parameter(s): .: $sElement    -
;                  $sMode       - Optional: (Default = "elements") :
;                               | elements: element or object from _FFXpath or _FFObj*
;                               | id
;                               | name
;                               | class
;                               | tag
;                  $iIndex      - Optional: (Default = 0) : index if $sMode = class, name, tag
; Return Value ..: Success      - 1
;                  Failure      - 0
;                  @ERROR       -
; Author(s) .....: Thorsten Willert
; Date ..........: Wed Sep 23 22:55:36 CEST 2009
; Link ..........:
; Related .......: _FFSetValue, _FFXPath
; Example .......: Yes
; ==============================================================================

Don't ask why, but i managed to think the value would be in between the element, and the mode! :sweating:

EDIT: With this new info, i managed to login to gmail, the issue is that sometimes the browser won't open, with _FFWindowOpen, so i have to use ShellExecute and the rest, but besides that, works well, in google, for me better than the FF_AutoLogin, so surprise, since the code is specific.

If _FFConnect() Then
_FFWindowOpen("https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLoginAuth")
;ShellExecute('firefox https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLoginAuth')
;WinWaitActive('Contas do Google - Mozilla Firefox', '')
;Sleep(500)
;_FFConnect ()
_FFSetValue('@gmail.com', 'Email', 'name');Choose one
;_FFSetValue('UserXXX', 'login_guideHandle', 'id');Alternative Way to put username
_FFSetValue('PASS', 'Passwd', 'name');Choose one
;_FFSetValue('PassXXX', 'login_password', 'id');Alternative Way to put pass
_FFClick('signIn', 'id');Click login button
EndIf

Yay! im happy with this. :D

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Au3Record.exe