Script accessing and updating another scripts GUI

Hey guys, I've had a bit of a search round but couldn't find any info (especially as I'm not entirely sure the official phrasing of what I'm trying to achieve)

I'll give you the brief example of what I need so not to take up too much time! :)

Main WOL_Server.exe

-GUI w/ log box

-Listens for TCP

-Receives data

-Calls WOL_sender.exe with arguments from TCP data

-Carries on listening for more connections

WOL_Sender.exe

Sleeps for x amount of time

Generates / Sends WOL packet

Checks host has woken up properly

Exits

Is it possible for the WOL_Sender.exe to access and update the WOL_Server.exe GUI objects so it can append its own log information straight into the WOL_Server edit box?

If not the only way I can think of doing it is having them both access a file, append a line, close file, and Have the WOL_Server.exe periodically load the data from the file into textbox but this also poses its own problems!

any help would be appreciated!

Martin

If you're coding both applications, then it doesn't have to be done through the GUI.  Just code WOL_Sender to contact WOL_Server via TCP.  Have it send a code to notify WOL_Server that log data is being sent, and follow that up with the log data itself.

If that's not helpful, then I'll need more information about what you're doing before I can provide a better response.

Edited by Artisan

Does it have to be an edit box? Because, list boxes could be your solution here. As you can dynamically update a listbox with the guilistbox.au3 UDF that is already included in the AutoIt3 program files directory under include on your computer. Otherwise I will need some more information on how your trying to do this and what you are exactly trying to do.

Have a look at WM_COPYDATA in my signature and/or search inter-process communication.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

ControlSend was perfect for this! Thanks for the suggestions though guys, always good to see a few different ways of doing things!!

WOL_Sender now updates the WOL_Server GUI with info about what it's getting up to behind the scenes!

Cheers

Martin