Is my AutoIT idea implementable?

Hello,

I have an idea for a program that would be very helpful but I am not sure if AutoIT would be able to perform what I need it to.  I'm not very familiar with AutoIT but if my idea could work, I am willing to put in the time to make it work, and any tips or help towards that would be great :D

I work in a type of data entry environment.  My job is to open up files using a program, we will call "workpiece", manually edit some numbers in window boxes, then save the new file, ad infinitum.  I get my numbers from these enormous sheets of paper which is an excel sheet with 4 columns that they have printed onto that paper.  The first column is the item number I need to enter into workpiece, the 2nd column is an operation number that I need to find and select in workpiece, the third column is the current number value stored in workpiece and the 4th column is the new number that needs to be entered into workpiece.  Essentially the entire process is mouse movements, mouseclicks, keystrokes, and reading the numbers from my excel chart.

I've seen that there are AutoIT functions that can handle the mouse movements, clicks, and simulated keystrokes.  Is there a function that could automatically read from the excel file if I input that actual .xlsx file, and copy paste the information stored in the cells into specific windows in workpiece?  

I appreciate any help or comments regarding this, thank you for reading it.  Please let me know if there is more information that you need, and I will do my best to provide it

AutoIt comes with a builtin Excel UDF (User Defined Functions). If you have problems with the xlsx file format then my alpha version of the new Excel UDF might help.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki