AutoIt and OCR?

Hello,

I am new to the forums, and AutoIt, and I have a question. How do I use OCR with AutoIt? After some searching, I found that Tesseract would be a suitable solution, but on my test script I get this error:

peYk1Ft.png

So does anyone know what I can use for OCR? The image I need to read is below:

D55BFfW.png

Regards.

modi ocr...you need to download the driver from Microsoft (part of the sharepoint distributer...it's free)...then, you can use it's api...google vbs modi, and it will show you how, that's easy to then convert to au3

what is the reason?  There are much easier/better/more accurate ways to get text

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

There is no real way to tell where the problem lies with only an error message, it might manifest itself from the UDF, but all manner of things might be wrong with your own code which causes it.

In short: Show your code, or a short reproducer that others can run.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Where is that image from please?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I will add to this. I have tried this UDF () and it takes a long time to parse the data and then it is only about 15-25 percent right, it seems to get the first 15-20 chars right and then drifts off to garbage...I am wondering if there is another way of doing this. I am going to look and see about vbs modi, if I get it working, I will post.

@jdelaney -->> can you tell me an easy was to grab text from a window? I have an image basically and need to be able to get the text fast. Even when I tried the above UDF - it took to long, I might as well used the export from the window, as that would be faster. It exports to an excel file, but no hot keys to allow automation.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I use this:

Func Var_OCRGet($Image, $Lang=9) ; Get the OCR text
    $giSubFunctionCounter += 1
    If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(2, $gbLogLevel_Strt, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[Var_OCRGet]: Start with Params=[" & $Image & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure)

Local $sArray[1], $oWord
    Local $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "Var_ErrFunc")
    If IsObj ( $oErrorHandler ) Then
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(2, 3, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[ObjCreate]: able to create ObjEvent=[" & "AutoIt.Error" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure)
    Else
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(0, $gbLogLevel_Rtrn, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[ObjCreate]: UNable to create ObjEvent=[" & "AutoIt.Error" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure, False)
        $giSubFunctionCounter -= 1
        $miDoc = ""
        $oErrorHandler = ""
        Return SetError(1)
    EndIf

Local $miDoc = ObjCreate("MODI.Document")
    If IsObj ( $miDoc ) Then
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(2, 3, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[ObjCreate]: able to create ObjCreate=[" & "MODI.Document" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure)
    Else
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(0, $gbLogLevel_Rtrn, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[ObjCreate]: UNable to create ObjCreate=[" & "MODI.Document" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure, False)
        $miDoc = ""
        $oErrorHandler = ""
        Return SetError(1)
    EndIf

$miDoc.Create($Image)
    If Not @error Then
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(2, 3, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[ObjCreate]: able to run method=[" & "$miDoc.Create" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure)
    Else
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(0, $gbLogLevel_Rtrn, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[ObjCreate]: UNable to run method=[" & "$miDoc.Create" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure, False)
        $miDoc = ""
        $oErrorHandler = ""
        Return SetError(2)
    EndIf

Sleep (2000)

$miDoc.Ocr($Lang, True, False)
    If Not @error Then
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(2, 3, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[.Ocr]: able run method=[" & "$miDoc.Ocr" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure)
    Else
        If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(0, $gbLogLevel_Rtrn, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[.Ocr]: UNable run method=[" & "$miDoc.Ocr" & "].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure, False)
        $miDoc = ""
        $oErrorHandler = ""
        Return SetError(3)
    EndIf

For $oWord In $miDoc.Images(0).Layout.Words
        ReDim $sArray[UBound($sArray)+1]
        $sArray[UBound($sArray)-1] = $oWord.Text
    Next
    $sArray[0] = UBound($sArray)-1
    If $gbPerformLog Then Var_SetLogAndActOnState(2, 3, "Var_OCRGet()", "Func=[Var_OCRGet]: returning array of text=[UBound=(" & UBound ( $sArray ) & ")].", $gbDisplayInformMessage, $gbTerminateOnFailure)
    $miDoc = ""
    $oErrorHandler = ""
    Return $sArray
EndFunc

You would need to comment out quite a bit.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

My only problem is that I do not have MODI installed on these computers - work inviroment. Not sure why they would not install it by default, but that is what happened. Maybe when we get our new computers in April LOL, they will have it installed. Until then, I go back to my trusted, send('{tab}') - I really hate when developers do not use Microsoft GUI's

Sorry if I highjacked this thread, but all the other threads were over 2 years old.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Well it looks like a game image, that's why I asked. Secondly, it does matter, due to the fact there might be a different approach to obtaining the time other than the image. "Many hands make light work"

Though your cocky response leads me to think you're breaking the rules.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018