Set data for each array?

Hi, I'm going to buld a mini quiz test but dont know how to get Question Line and show it turn by turn.
Like:

GUICtrlSetData($Edit1, $QuestionLine[$randomNumber] & @CRLF & $AnswerLine[1] & $AnswerLine[3] & $AnswerLine[4]  )

This is my code:

; IniRead
$var = "test.txt"
Global $aLines
Global $qLines
_FileReadToArray($var, $aLines)

Func Question()
   GUICtrlSetData($Label1, "Question: " & $iQuestion & "/" & CountQuestion())
   $randomNumber = Random(1, CountQuestion(), 1)
EndFunc

Func CountQuestion()
   $iQuestion = 1
   For $i =1 To $aLines[0]
      If StringRegExp($aLines[$i], "^\s*$") Then
         $iQuestion += 1
      EndIf
   Next
   Return $iQuestion
EndFunc

Here is the question file:

Whéré ís thé quéstión? (UNICODE)
*The first line after the chapter mark
*The first line after each blank line
Every other line starting with the fifth
The last line of every other page

How are correct answers marked?
*Correct answers start with an asterisk
Correct answers are typed in all-caps
PEST uses A.I. to guess which answer is probably the right one
Philosophically, can we ever really be certain of anything? 

How many multiple choice answers can I have for each question?
zero
one
*from two to eight
three
four
$Money = ControlGetMoney(@Life,"People","Pocket4")If $Money Then $Rich = TrueElse $Risk = True _RunAwayFromPolice("Fastest")EndIf

Yes, but I need to save $QuestionLine like an array so I can call it later:

$QuestionLine[1] = 1
$QuestionLine[1] = 6
$QuestionLine[1] = 8
$QuestionLine[1] = 10
$Money = ControlGetMoney(@Life,"People","Pocket4")If $Money Then $Rich = TrueElse $Risk = True _RunAwayFromPolice("Fastest")EndIf

Your data file could be Q,A1,A2,A3,A4,RA (question, answer1, answer2,answer3 answer4,real answer), read each line and then split it into an array with stringsplit. You could do it for each line when needed, or put it all in one 2D array, and call what ever by random, or an order that you want for each question, that could be at the end of the line, index 0 for the question and say after the answer you have 2,1,4,3 for the order of the answers, or like stated, call them randomly and have your real answer the check to see if it was right or wrong.

Hope this gets you started.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

A little question, I dont know how many question in my test file so I

Global $qLines[500][7] ; Q,A,B,[C,D,E,F]

Will it ok if I put a larger 2D array? like 1000 or 9000?

Global $qLines[9999][7] ; Q,A,B,[C,D,E,F]

Use _FileReadToArray to read the whole file in one go into an array. The correct array size is set by the function. This creates an entry for every line of your file. If you need to process a question do a StringSplit to create a new array just for this question.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks Water, but I really dont understand "process a quesiton do a StringSplit", there is no StringSplit :(

Can I have an example?

Global $qLines[500][7] ; Q,A,B,[C,D,E,F]
   $iQuestion = 1
 For $i =1 To $aLines[0]
   $qLines[$iQuestion][1] = $aLines[$i+1] ; Question
   $qLines[$iQuestion][2] = $aLines[$i+2] ; A
   $qLines[$iQuestion][3] = $aLines[$i+3] ; B
   If not StringRegExp($aLines[$i+4], "^\s*$") Then
     $qLines[$iQuestion][4] = $aLines[$i+4] ; [C]
   ElseIf not StringRegExp($aLines[$i+5], "^\s*$")
     $qLines[$iQuestion][5] = $aLines[$i+5] ; [D]
   ElseIf not StringRegExp($aLines[$i+6], "^\s*$")
     $qLines[$iQuestion][6] = $aLines[$i+6] ; [E]
   ElseIf not StringRegExp($aLines[$i+7], "^\s*$")
     ;$qLines[$iQuestion][7] = $aLines[$i+7] ; [F]
   EndIf
   $iQuestion += 1
  EndIf
 Next
Edited by DucViet321

As Nitekram suggested: If you have a question plus all answers to this question in a single line you could do the following.

Lets say each line has the format "question|answer1|answer2|....".

I assume you only "process" (display to the user etc.) a single question at once.

BTW: You do not need a count function because $aQuiz[0] contains the number of records read.

Global $aQuiz
_FileReadToArray("C:\Temp\Quiz.txt", $aQuiz) ; Read thw whole quiz fiel into an array

$aQuestion = StringSplit($aQuiz[$i], "|") ; $aQuestion[0] = number of question + answers. $aQuestion[1] = Question, $aQuestion[2] ... = Answers

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I see what you meant but I've already got so many Test files with that fomula :(

So can you give me an idea about 2D array? I'm new to it

The best explanation how arrays work can be found in the wiki. The authors explain it much better than I ever could ;)

If you still have questions I will be happy to help.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yep, but English isnt my native languages so It's hard for me to understand all of it,

My simple question is : How do I declare a 2D array without array length?

Like: $Question[?][?]

Here:

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aArray[1][2] ; With 1 row and 2 columns.
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)
ReDim $aArray[4][2] ; With 4 rows and 2 columns.
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

You need to understand ReDim and UBound. Use google translate to translate the help file into your native language.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

So can I count the number of questions and ReDim $array with a variable in it?

Local $aArray[1][7] ; With 1 row and 2 columns.
ReDim $aArray[count()][7] ; With 4 rows and 2 columns.

StringSplit as water and others have suggested.

Edit: I think you need to re-arrange your question file, because it seems you've approached it from the angle of a non-coder.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

guinness,

Like what I said, there're so many files and my friends have that kind of test file too, so I have to make it work :(

Yep, but English isnt my native languages so It's hard for me to understand all of it,

But if you want to work with arrays in your script you need to understand how they work. Use Google Translate if you have problems understanding the tutorial.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Here is my working array after counting questions number 

Dim $qLines[1][7] ; Q,A,B,[C,D,E,F]
ReDim $qLines[Count()][7]

Many thanks for helps :)

How did the same code above work with Dim but not Local or Global? I'm also lost as to what Count() looks like. But if it works for you then great.

UDF List:

guinness,

I've tried with Global and it still fine :P . Count() will return the number of Questions: How many questions are there?

One more probs, when I add the 6th answer (which is $qLines[$j][7]), its said "Array variable dimension exceed" but not with the 5th answer?

Func AddQuestion()
   $j = 1
      For $i =1 To $aLines[0] -1 
            $qLines[$j][1] = $aLines[$i+1]
            $qLines[$j][2] = $aLines[$i+2]
            $qLines[$j][3] = $aLines[$i+3]
            $qLines[$j][4] = $aLines[$i+4]
            $qLines[$j][5] = $aLines[$i+5]
            $qLines[$j][6] = $aLines[$i+6] ; This still OK
            $qLines[$j][7] = $aLines[$i+7] ; This make me crazy
            $j += 1
         EndIf
      Next
EndFunc
And when I display the lastest question, Its always error :( Edited by DucViet321

That regular expression (to me) is saying the string is containing on characters contained in s, is that correct? The error is saying you're accessing an item which doesn't exist. For examples 4 + 7 ($i + 7) does that exist?

ConsoleWrite(UBound($aLines) & @CRLF)
Edited by guinness

UDF List: