Automated Warning Messages over Mail

Guest DunkelWolf

Guest DunkelWolf

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and [after using AutoIt for some weeks now only with help from reading this forum and the help file] I have a problem I cannot solve myself. :whistle:

First, Im not english, so please dont care about grammatical issues too much. :dance:

I have written a Tool, who checks some important stats of my systems 24/7 and alarms me if one of them go critical. Only problem is, if im not at home, I cannot hear the sound. :dance: So I want to make a eMail AlertNotification. I searched the forum for such a function [Mailing a mail with priority high, ALERT as title and the critical State as text to my mail] but didnt find one. [At least I found the _SendSMTPMail() in some topics but not the full script!] It would be fine if it sends it without the need of an 3rd person email server [acting as server itself].

May anyone of you nice guys help me out a bit please? :(

Best regards,

DunkelWolf

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and [after using AutoIt for some weeks now only with help from reading this forum and the help file] I have a problem I cannot solve myself. :whistle:

First, Im not english, so please dont care about grammatical issues too much. :dance:

I have written a Tool, who checks some important stats of my systems 24/7 and alarms me if one of them go critical. Only problem is, if im not at home, I cannot hear the sound. :dance: So I want to make a eMail AlertNotification. I searched the forum for such a function [Mailing a mail with priority high, ALERT as title and the critical State as text to my mail] but didnt find one. [At least I found the _SendSMTPMail() in some topics but not the full script!] It would be fine if it sends it without the need of an 3rd person email server [acting as server itself].

Best regards,

DunkelWolf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lots of ways you can do this. personally i suggest doing it the way that i do. i made a UDF that i include in my scripts, and have negative output (errors etc) go to my cell phone. you can get my script and someone else's to do the same thing by clicking on my name, and checking my topics, it is the one named 'small semi useless little thing'. it does require the beta and dale's IE.au3. and there are alot of ways using com or VBA that you could create and send a mail with outlook, or you could just use Dale's IE.au3 to log into a web based mail client and create and send the mail from there. personally i prefer sending it to cell phone though, and the way i made the udf, all i have to do is include it in my script and then add a line like
SendText("Something has gone wrong with " & @ScriptName " on " & @ComputerName)

Hello everyone!

Best regards,

DunkelWolf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use a free DOS email program called BLAT.

you can find it here :

http://blat.net/

Might not be the best solution, but it's an option.

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

Guest DunkelWolf

I use a free DOS email program called BLAT.

you can find it here :

http://blat.net/

Might not be the best solution, but it's an option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your both answers! [Very fast, indeed! I didnt thought I became an answer today.. :D]

I did it! With BLAT and the nice Script from ezzetabi.. alot of thanks to ezzetabi for that! :whistle:

Btw, that script were exact what I were searching for [today here] and could only found it mention in other topics.. Thanks alot again, very very nice work :dance:

Best Regards,

DunkelWolf