Turn screen off WITHOUT go to sleep in tablet with clover trail?

I have a windows tablet with win 8 full. The problem is the cpu.. whatever settings if you set to os, whenever screen gets off, cpu goes to sleep.. I have used many programs to do this.. So the real problem is to turn screen of WITHOUT os to know that screen is off... Is there any way to do this? It is a universal problem of clover trail. All have this problem. So when you want to download something, you have to have screen on, otherwise download fails... I even tried play a mp3 in the default metro player and downloading a file in desktop with Firefox.. When screen gets off, music keep playing while download STOPS...

I have an idea. I remember in pc, I had set a resolution to the monitor which it didn't support.. So monitor didn't show anything while os thought that monitor is on... I don't know if this idea would work in lcd of course .. Resolution is 1366x768 ..

Thanks ,

Thanks but, as I have write above, its not that simple.. Turning off the LCD without triggering the Sleep Mode is not possible in CloverTrails    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2181320

To confirm this the downloads in metro IE won't stop when entering sleep mode unlike desktop IE

"According to this i may assume that all legacy desktop apps will not be able to take advantage of the connected stand by mode present in the new clover trail soc"

That's why I had the idea I posted before.. It is not a problem of change settings of power management in clover trail.. It won't fix anything.

Here another topic which describes it better:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/windows-8/55231-how-turn-display-off-without-stopping-my-download-print.html

Turn the display off, without triggering Sleep Mode ?
 Hi everyone,

I have a ThinkPad Tablet 2. Last night I wanted to download a file, but I had a problem. I started my download through Internet Download Manager, but I couldn't turn off the display off without stopping the download.

I closed the case lid ( screen turns off by that ) and I pushed the power button but every time I did that the download stopped. I don't want to see the bight light of the screen ( even at lowest ) when I go to sleep !

Any suggestion guys ?

Edit :

This problem seems to occur only in Clover Trails. My concern is the health of the Display, which has to be on all the time, so closing the lid does not solve anything. So far I've tested these apps :

TurnLCDOff, by Taimur Asad does not work. It starts well, but after a while your background tasks stop working. The symptom of this is when you tun on the device, keyboard does not come up for entering the password.

NirCMD brings up the Sleep Mode.

RefreshLock does the same as NirCMD. Though there's an option to bring up a Blank Screen which only provides a black background, while the screen is on.

AutoHotKey --> sleep mode.

Edited by sosimple

Thanks, but no luck.. :) It does turn the screen off, but download stops 3-5 second after screen off.. exactly like I had turn screen off manually. Tried many times, some times screen goes on after some seconds (5 perhaps?) again goes off and then download stops.. I also used 1,2..4 values, nothing changed..

I found something else interesting.. When I download with metro internet explorer (not in desktop, but in metro full version) tablet doesn't goes to sleep. Download from this works ok.. so in the same time I was downloading also from Firefox from desktop.. Both downloads went ok. As long as metro internet explorer downloads tablet doesn't sleep. (if I do the same but in desktop internet explorer I have sleep problem..)

Can I control metro internet explorer with auto it? Perhaps by doing a ping to some address every 3-5 seconds..

You could have a keep alive script running to prevent it from sleeping, just move the mouse pointer a few pixels and then return to where it was before. If you have this constantly running, it won't sleep because Windows sees it as the computer being used.

Func _AdLibKeepAlive()
    $aMouse = MouseGetPos()
    MouseMove($aMouse[0] + 10, $aMouse[1] + 10, 0)
    MouseMove($aMouse[0], $aMouse[1], 0)
EndFunc

Look into AdLibRegister to see how to call this function every few minutes. Because the last parameter is zero it moves instantly, and then moves back again.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You could have a keep alive script running to prevent it from sleeping, just move the mouse pointer a few pixels and then return to where it was before. If you have this constantly running, it won't sleep because Windows sees it as the computer being used.

Func _AdLibKeepAlive()
    $aMouse = MouseGetPos()
    MouseMove($aMouse[0] + 10, $aMouse[1] + 10, 0)
    MouseMove($aMouse[0], $aMouse[1], 0)
EndFunc

Look into AdLibRegister to see how to call this function every few minutes. Because the last parameter is zero it moves instantly, and then moves back again.

No.. It still sleep with this.. I am sure with other cpu both scripts works.. Thanks anyway.. I still think the solution is in different way.. If screen goes of , clover trail will sleep regardless what settings you do, or if mouse moves etc.. It just disables everything to save battery.. At least with every application work to desktop, eg mouse moves.

Only metro apps keep it alive, eg downloading with metro internet explorer ..

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Did you find a solution?

I need to wake up a win 8.1 tablet screen on camera detection. 

It work fine when the screen just goes off, but after a few minute off, it never goes on. And the AutoIt script never fire (I add a beep to confirm).