Incorrect results for Eval and case-sensitivity.

Go to solution Solved by JohnOne,

I was trying to add case-sensitivity to Yashied's function, but for some reason instead of returning 4 results for the second example it returns 5. What makes this even stranger, is if I change both the guinness items to guinnes (minus the last s) it works!

I tested this on v3.3.8.1 and v3.3.9.4+.

#include <Array.au3>

Example_Non_Case_Senstive()
Example_Case_Senstive()

Func Example_Non_Case_Senstive()
    Local $aArray[6] = [5, 'guinness', 'GUINNESS', 'GuInNeSs', 'Guinness', 'guinness']
    _ArrayUniqueFast($aArray, 1, $aArray[0], False) ; Will return an array with 1 item.
    _ArrayDisplay($aArray)
EndFunc   ;==>Example_Non_Case_Senstive

Func Example_Case_Senstive()
    Local $aArray[6] = [5, 'guinness', 'GUINNESS', 'GuInNeSs', 'Guinness', 'guinness'] ; Change guinness to guinnes
    _ArrayUniqueFast($aArray, 1, $aArray[0], True) ; Will return an array with 4 items.
    _ArrayDisplay($aArray)
EndFunc   ;==>Example_Case_Senstive

#Obfuscator_Off
; By Yashied. Taken from: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/122192-arraysort-and-eliminate-duplicates/#entry849187
; Modified by guinness. Added case-sensitive support.
Func _ArrayUniqueFast(ByRef $aArray, $iStart, $iEnd, $fCaseSensitive = Default) ; Default is False.
    Local Const $iLocalVar = 1
    Local $sOutput = ''
    For $i = $iStart To $iEnd
        If $fCaseSensitive And Not (Eval($aArray[$i]) == $aArray[$i]) Then
            Assign($aArray[$i], $aArray[$i], $iLocalVar)
            ConsoleWrite($aArray[$i] & ': ' & (Eval($aArray[$i]) == $aArray[$i]) & @CRLF)
            $sOutput &= $aArray[$i] & @CRLF
        ElseIf Not $fCaseSensitive Then
            If IsDeclared($aArray[$i]) = 0 Then
                Assign($aArray[$i], $aArray[$i], $iLocalVar)
                $sOutput &= $aArray[$i] & @CRLF
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    $sOutput = StringTrimRight($sOutput, StringLen(@CRLF))
    $aArray = StringSplit($sOutput, @CRLF, 1)
EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayUniqueFast
#Obfuscator_On
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Solution

For case sensitive to work, you would need at least one iteration of loop for each array element.

As it stands it only tests against one

EDIT:

To see it, move the both lower case guinness next to each other.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

What an idiot I am!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Probably been overthinking it, very easy to do.

Probably be able to get away with one loop too, but with a lot of math (that I'm lousy at)

Like calculating the amount of array elements, and using Ubound ans some other mathimatical jiggery pokery

[$i - Ubound($Array)] etc..

Thats poor explanation but I think its possible if you good at math and logic.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I've been (secretly) creating code to parse quoted strings in a script file and swap them for a unique identifier later on, ideal for when you want to parse an entire script, but don't want erroneous results e.g. MsgBox( in "MsgBox(  is a native function.". I used Eval as I worked out IsDeclared alone wasn't case sensitive and it solved the issue. So I was over thinking on this occasion. I opted for using Scripting.Dictionary with CompareMode set to sensitive.

UDF List: