Inserting multiple images onto an existing word document

Hello all,

I am new to scripting with AutoIt and I'm trying to insert multiple images into an existing word document (in between words). Is this possible with AutoIt?

I had a look at the script below and I have changed the file path but instead of putting the images into the existing word document, it creates a new word document. I have also changed the path to the image location but it's just showing a blank text box.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It would be great if I can obtain some help :).

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Try this :

#include <Word.au3>

$oWord = _WordAttach("Document1 - Microsoft Word", "title")

$oDoc = _WordDocGetCollection($oWord, 0)

_WordDocAddPicture($oDoc, @ScriptDir & "\t.jpg", 0, 1)
Note: Don't forget to change the title or use another mode, change the picture path too.

Br, FireFox.

Create a range object where you want to insert the page break and use:

$oRng.InsertBreak($wdPageBreak)

$wdPageBreak is one of the WdBreakType enumeration.

How to create a range you could have a look at my WordEX UDF (unfortunately incompatible with Word UDF)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This is the original code

#include <lib/WordEX.au3>
#include <Word.au3>

$sFile = "Test.docx"

$oApp1 = _Word_Create(Default, Default)
_Word_DocOpen($oApp1, $sFile)

$oDoc = _WordDocGetCollection($oApp1, 0)

; Image 1
$tbox_left = 200
$tbox_top = 200
$tboxw = 250
$tboxh = 200
$TextVertical = 1 ; 1 or 5

$oShape1 = $oDoc.Shapes.AddCanvas($oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tbox_left), $oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tbox_top), $oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tboxw), $oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tboxh))
$oTextbox = $oShape1.CanvasItems.AddTextbox($TextVertical, 1, 1, $oShape1.Width - 1, $oShape1.Height - 1)

$oRange1 = $oTextbox.TextFrame.TextRange     
_WordDocAddPicture($oDoc, @ScriptDir & "\image.jpg", False, True, $oRange1)

; Image 2
$tbox_left2 = 200
$tbox_top2 = 500
$tboxw2 = 250
$tboxh2 = 200
$TextVertical2 = 1 ; 1 or 5

$oShape2 = $oDoc.Shapes.AddCanvas($oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tbox_left2), $oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tbox_top2), $oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tboxw2), $oApp1.PixelsToPoints($tboxh2))
$oTextbox2 = $oShape2.CanvasItems.AddTextbox($TextVertical2, 1, 1, $oShape2.Width - 1, $oShape2.Height - 1)

$oRange2 = $oTextbox2.TextFrame.TextRange
_WordDocAddPicture($oDoc, @ScriptDir & "\image2.jpg", False, True, $oRange2)

Instead of inserting a page break, I have decided to go by a different method - Replacing texts with the appropriate images.

I am using the WordEX UDF and the code below works.

$sFindText = "Image1"
$sToReplace = "Image Here"
_Word_DocFindReplace($oDoc, $sFindText, $sToReplace)

However when I try to replace the word with an image in a text box, as the original code, I receive an error message (WordEX error 423). The script still places the image within the specified parameters above, in the word document but it is not replacing the word "Image1".

$sFindText = "Image1"
$oRange1 = $oTextbox.TextFrame.TextRange
$sReplaceWith = _WordDocAddPicture($oDoc, @ScriptDir & "\image.jpg", False, True, $oRange1)
_Word_DocFindReplace($oDoc, $sFindText, $sReplaceWith)

Is there a way to create a loop/tag replacement where the following is done:
1) Find text "Image1"

2) Replace "Image1" with the Image I want, at the coordinates of "Image1" (Optionally in a textbox)

3) Repeat 1 for "Image2" etc.

I am hoping that with this, I don't have to create page breaks and the script will just replace all instances of "Image1" in the word document with a picture of  "Image1". The idea is to place images in between words.

Sorry to be such a nuisance but any help is very much appreciated! :)

Edited by Xavianna

Can't test at the moment but I hope to come up with a solution quite soon.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Xavianna,

you are mixing the old and the new Word UDF. I've never tested this, so I'm not sure it works.

"WordEX Error 423": Is this the value of @error or @extended? The UDF never returns such an error.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki