Quick xcopy question

Im still very new to Autoit and Im having issues with a an xcopy command. Here is the error. Thanks

The error is on the xcopy line

==> Unterminated string.:

$file1 = @UserProfileDir & "\My Documents\"
$file2 = $drv & "/backup/" & $str & "\win7\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents"
Run('xcopy /e /h "' & $file1 & '" "' & $file2 & '" , "", @SW_HIDE )

Thanks for the quick responce . The error is now gone but nothing ever copies. Currently I have this line

DirCopy( @UserProfileDir & "\Documents\", $drv & "/backup/" & $str & "\win7\Users\ADMIN\Documents")

and it works fine but I find Dircopy to be very in consistent. It doesnt always copy everything so I wanted to switch it to a xcopy  command but noting ever copies. I tried this

$file1 = @UserProfileDir & "\My Documents\"
$file2 = $drv & "/backup/" & $str & "\win7\Users\ADMIN\Documents"
Run('xcopy /e /h "' & $file1 & '" "' & $file2 & '"', "", @SW_HIDE)

and this

Run('xcopy /e /h "' & @UserProfileDir & "\Documents\ & '" $str & "\win7\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents"', "", @SW_HIDE )

Neither of the last two show errors but they never copy anything.  Thanks again for any help.

Would it be possible to post more of the script than you have here? Currently there's no way to test this without recreating your script from scratch and hoping it's the same as the way you did it.

BTW, have you tried not using forward slashes around the folder names and using backslashes instead?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ok I removed the @SW_HIDE and now the script crashes and quits with this error

==> Error parsing function call.:
Run('xcopy /e /h "' & $file1 & '" "' & $file2 & '"', "",)
Run('xcopy /e /h "' & $file1 & '" "' & $file2 & '"', ""^ ERROR

BrewManNH   I can upload the script somewhere for you to grab if that would help

#include <Process.au3>

$file1 = "C:\Users\Loren\Desktop\New folder"
$file2 = "C:\Users\Loren\Desktop\New folder (2)"

_RunDos('xcopy ' & '"' & $file1 & '" "' & $file2 & '"' & " /e /h")

Source & dest BEFORE switches

Edit:

While I haven't seen any documentation on this, I have not been able to use macro refs for source or destination (with xcopy).

I've only gotten it to work with full path. Could be a problem on my end, but with the example above

$file1 = @DesktopDir & "New Folder" did not work. With full path it did.

Edited by lorenkinzel