_IENavigate & _IEWaitLoad error

Go to solution Solved by big_daddy,

Hello,

I am trying to use AutoIt for opening webpages and taking screenshots from it. I use following code.

$url = "XXXX"
_IENavigate($oIE, $url)   Sleep(1000)   
_IELoadWait($oIE)   _ScreenCapture_Capture(@ScriptDir & "\" &  $sitename & "_CPU.png")
Sleep(500)

However, when I try to use it more then once to visit different site, I get error:

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IENavigate, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IELoadWait, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

Can anybody help me with this problem? Thanks

M.

Hello, thank you for the reply. Here is the entire code. I just replace URL string, but the error is still there (

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IENavigate, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IELoadWait, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

)

#include <IE.au3>
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#include <array.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate("about:blank")WinSetState(_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd"), "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
local $srv[3] = ["CPU","Memory_Physical_used","Memory_Virtual_used"]

for $i = 0 to 2
  $url = "XXX" & "&srv=" & $srv[$i]
  _IENavigate($oIE, $url)   
  Sleep(500)
  _IELoadWait($oIE)   
  _ScreenCapture_Capture(@ScriptDir & "\" & $srv[$i] & ".png")
  Sleep(500)

Next  

Any ideas? Thank you.

M.

$_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType tells you that $oIE is an object variable, but it is not of the type expected.  You can try adding

ConsoleWrite(ObjName($oIE), & " - ", & $url & @CRLF) at the top of your loop to see what type of object it is seen as and what the last url was.  

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

$_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType tells you that $oIE is an object variable, but it is not of the type expected.  You can try adding

ConsoleWrite(ObjName($oIE), & " - ", & $url & @CRLF) at the top of your loop to see what type of object it is seen as and what the last url was.  

Dale

Hello Dale,

thanks for the reply. It seems, that Sleep(500) somehow destroys Name of iOE variable. Before the first sleep line

ConsoleWrite(ObjName($oIE), & " - ", & $url & @CRLF)

returns

IWebBrowser2 - www.XXX....

but after sleep there is only

- www.XXX...

Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

M.

• Moderators
  • Solution

Is it possible that this relates in your case?

New security in Windows Vista causes a new browser window to be created when a browser is instructed to navigate to a URL in a different security zone. This occurs as well with the initial creation and navigation initiated with _IECreate. The new window is a new browser instance and the previous browser object variable no longer points to it. There are several workarounds: 1) add #RequireAdmin to your code (this is required even if the account is part of the Administrator's Group and will propmt for credentials if necessary), 2) use _IEAttach to connect to the new browser window 3) add the target website to the Trusted Sites security zone in IE, 4) turn off "Protected Mode" in IE, or 5) disable UAC. Care must be taken to understand the implications of disabling IE security features when accessing untrusted sites.

• 1 year later...

Is it possible that this relates in your case

New security in Windows Vista causes a new browser window to be created when a browser is instructed to navigate to a URL in a different security zone. This occurs as well with the initial creation and navigation initiated with _IECreate. The new window is a new browser instance and the previous browser object variable no longer points to it. There are several workarounds: 1) add #RequireAdmin to your code (this is required even if the account is part of the Administrator's Group and will propmt for credentials if necessary), 2) use _IEAttach to connect to the new browser window 3) add the target website to the Trusted Sites security zone in IE, 4) turn off "Protected Mode" in IE, or 5) disable UAC. Care must be taken to understand the implications of disabling IE security features when accessing untrusted sites.

Hi guys,

I know this is an old post, but I have the same problem. The workarounds mentioned does not work for me.  

This is my code:

$oSite = _IECreate('google.com')

_IENavigate($oSite,'facebook.com')
if @error Then
    MsgBox(16,"Error","Error Code: " & @error)
EndIf

_IENavigate($oSite,'yahoo.com')
if @error Then
EndIf

_IENavigate($oSite,'gmail.com')
if @error Then
EndIf

Errors:

>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\SilverComputer\Desktop\ietest\test2.au3
+>00:01:59 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\SilverComputer\Desktop\ietest\test2.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Warning from function _IELoadWait, $_IESTATUS_LoadWaitTimeout
--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IENavigate, $_IESTATUS_COMError (-2147352567) 

My IE version:

RjkWjHk.png

IE object gets lost after a number of IE navigations. I have already added #requireadmin, added all of the sites to the Trust Sites in IE options, and protection mode is disabled.