Dealing with JSON response to Twitter API

Hi All,

Long time no post - the forum has changed a lot since I was last here! Hope you are all ok.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I'm writing a program that needs to post a Tweet to a Twitter account. I am using the >Twitter UDF, which I have already adapted slightly so that once a user has logged in once the username and password is not need because the OAuth token and OAuth token secret is stored and used again, rather than regenerating a them each time the program is launched. However, since the UDF was last updated Twitter has updated their API and retired the use of XML so now the response is only given in JSON.

Fortunately, to get the UDF tweeting again it was simply a case of changing the URL that the data was POSTed to. However, because IE doesn't actually render/display JSON files, whenever the data is sent a File Download dialog appears asking to download the JSON file that is returned.

Does anyone know a way around this to stop the dialog appearing, other than sending a keypress when the window is detected?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...