Hey Guys

Fine, I admit it, i'm a noob :3

Many people have been talking about  Pixelsearch, Mousemove, and GUIs, so I have a few questions

Heres a little code:

$coord1 = PixelSearch(250,150,550,450,0xE8041F [,5[,2]])
$coord2 = PixelSearch(250,150,550,450,0xE41800 [,5[,2]])
$coord3 = PixelSearch(250,150,550,450,0x8B0625 [,5[,2]])
$coord4 = PixelSearch(250,150,550,450,0xE31A22 [,5[,2]])

Can i just say 

Mousemove($coord1,$coord1 [, 1])
Mousemove($coord2,$coord2 [, 1])
Mousemove($coord3,$coord3 [, 1])
Mousemove($coord4,$coord4 [, 1])

And it would work? o_O

I'll Do GUIs laterz

Edited by Marvens01

PixelSearch()
Returns a two-element array of pixel's coordinates. (Array[0] = x, Array[1] = y).

That means $coord1 has 2 parts after you make it equal PixelSearch().

$coord1[0]; x

$coord1[1]; y

;                         x          ,       y

mousemove($coord1[0], $coord1[1])

Edited by Xandy

Mousemove($coord1[0],$coord1[1] [, 1])
Mousemove($coord2[0],$coord2[1] [, 1])
Mousemove($coord3[0],$coord3[1] [, 1])
Mousemove($coord4[0],$coord4[1] [, 1])
$coord1 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0xE8041F [,5[,2]])
$coord2 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0xE41800 [,5[,2]])
$coord3 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0x8B0625 [,5[,2]])
$coord4 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0xE31A22 [,5[,2]])

So that would work? o_O

First PixelSearch returns an array. Second, the bracket around the parameters in a function example are only there to show you that they're optional parameters, do NOT use the brackets.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Cool

Mousemove($coord1[0],$coord1[1] , 1)

Mousemove($coord2[0],$coord2[1] , 1)
Mousemove($coord3[0],$coord3[1] , 1)
Mousemove($coord4[0],$coord4[1] , 1)
$coord1 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0xE8041F ,5,2)
$coord2 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0xE41800 ,5,2)
$coord3 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0x8B0625 ,5,2)
$coord4 = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth/2-150,@DesktopHeight/2+150,@DesktopWidth-100,@DesktopHeight-100,0xE31A22 ,5,2)

This?

I personally would do it like this, mainly because each of your PixelSearch commands are using the same parameters except for the color being looked for.

#include <Constants.au3>
Global $aColors[5] = [4, 0xE8041F, 0xE41800, 0x8B0625, 0xE31A22]
For $Loop = 1 to $aColors[0]
    $coord = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth / 2 - 150, @DesktopHeight / 2 + 150, @DesktopWidth - 100, @DesktopHeight - 100, $aColors[$Loop], 5, 2)
    If Not @error Then
        MouseMove($coord[0], $coord[1], 1)
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found", "Found the color")
    EndIf
Next

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I personally would do it like this, mainly because each of your PixelSearch commands are using the same parameters except for the color being looked for.

#include <Constants.au3>
Global $aColors[5] = [4, 0xE8041F, 0xE41800, 0x8B0625, 0xE31A22]
For $Loop = 1 to $aColors[0]
    $coord = PixelSearch(@DesktopWidth / 2 - 150, @DesktopHeight / 2 + 150, @DesktopWidth - 100, @DesktopHeight - 100, $aColors[$Loop], 5, 2)
    If Not @error Then
        MouseMove($coord[0], $coord[1], 1)
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found", "Found the color")
    EndIf
Next

Look Like I just got lost >.<

• Moderators

Marvens01, did you try the code BrewManNH suggested? Are you getting an error? We need a little more, such as where you are getting lost :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

JLogan:  I think I know what he's getting lost on, having experienced it before.  Following the code.  Perhaps a basic understanding of programming and logic flow would be in order?

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

I don't want a code, I want to learn TO code, and explanation.

Here's the same script, with comments as to what is going on.

#include <Constants.au3>
Global $aColors[5] = [4, 0xE8041F, 0xE41800, 0x8B0625, 0xE31A22] ; assign the 4 different colors you're looking for to an array
For $Loop = 1 to $aColors[0] ; loop through the array
    ;Search for the color using pixel search, the color being looked for is the color code in the array $aColors{$Loop] element
    If Not @error Then ; if the pixelsearch returns without an error, that means it found the color being looked for
        MouseMove($coord[0], $coord[1], 1) ; move the mouse to the coordinates that the color was found at
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found", "Found the color") ; for informational purposes only
    EndIf
Next ; repeat the loop until we've searched for every color

If you're having trouble understanding the whole array thing, I'd suggest this Array tutorial.

What have you tried?

IDK loop :/ Do I just add Loop at the end???

I'd suggest opening the help file and start doing some reading on the basics.

Specifically, While/Do loops or For...Next loops.

They're the fundamentals to any programming language. Do you know about the help file? Hit F1 and search while.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Loops, by Joshua Songer.

All loops have two parts. A beginning and an end.
Some loops have a condition to exit, and some loops have an increment variable; possibly increment amount (step).
example 1:
while 1;      1 is true so this just loops until a exitloop is encountered by the script.
     ;stuff in loop
wend;return to while 1 statement

example 2:;count that's 9 iterations of this here loop
for $i= 0 to 8
     ;stuff in loop
next;return to for $i statement

example 3:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>;defines $gui_event_close
$hgui= guicreate("Window Title", 320, 200);create gui window return reference to $hgui
guisetstate();this shows the damn gui
do;loop begining
     $msg= guigetmsg();pull gui event
until $msg= $gui_event_close;test for gui close event else return to do statement

I hope you enjoy your programming experience.

Edited by Xandy