Au3Menu

MHz

post-2709-0-46126100-1371813670_thumb.pnpost-2709-0-86605100-1371813704_thumb.pnpost-2709-0-61890700-1371813776_thumb.pn

Introduction

Au3Menu is a context menu handler for the shell and also a menu handler for editors. The use by the shell and editor makes it similar in operation in both cases. More options are available then what you may have had before. It is portable from an editor and can register entries to the HKCU branch in the registry to give you temporary or permanent entries to add the context menu for the shell. This makes it very good for use of AutoIt3 from a unzipped version.

It has been created to handle multiple versions of AutoIt, Aut2Exe etc by using subfolder combo box selection.

It has options to run Scite Installed or Scite Portable with Scite_Home set and other editors could be added to the source so it is extensible.

It reads the source to set combo box items by certain keywords found so it sets suitable defaults for you. You may consider that running windows from an editor may slow things down but I have noticed little affect. If I run something from Scite, then I press F5 to open the run window, notice the selection default is good and just press the spacebar to run the script.

Compiling does more by having a3x, AutoIt3Wrapper handling and Aut2Exe Gui.

It has RunAs ability and it makes getting Stdout easier by showing a separate window that the editor console may not be able to do. It can prompt for old AutoIt versions that use the AutoIt3A.exe ANSI version if it detects it and prompts for its possible use. It allows parameters to be passed from the context menu or editor menu when wanting to run scripts.

A Tools selection is available so you can run tool scripts on au3 scripts from the context menu or editor menu. I have supplied just an example tool script and a template. More tools can be created by you or I may offer some in the download section. Tools are put into the Au3Tools folder and Au3Menu will add them to the selection automatically.

Require

AutoIt 3.3.8.1 or later

Download

au3menu.zip

Version: 1.4
Size: 600 KB

Available for use under the terms of GPL v3

Some tool scripts can be found here

Homepage is here

Cheers :)

Edit: Updated to version 1.4

Added check for Pragma Compile directives introduced in AutoIt 3.3.10.0. Other compile options may not be available when Pragma Compile directives exist to avoid a mixture of settings used for compilation.

Edited by MHz

Hi Mat

Thanks for the link. The directions there are like an attempt to pass the Star Trek Kobayashi Maru test :). I used a different structure to get the sub menus to work as shown below.

\---txtfile
    \---shell
        \---mainkey
            |   muiverb=main_title
            |   subcommands=
            |   
            \---shell
                \---subkey1
                    |   muiverb=sub_title_1
                    |   subcommands=
                    |   
                    \---shell
                        \---subkey2
                            |   muiverb=sub_title_2
                            |   subcommands=
                            |   
                            \---shell
                                \---subkey3
                                    |   muiverb=sub_title_3
                                    |   subcommands=
                                    |   
                                    \---shell
                                        \---appkey
                                            |   icon=app_icon_path
                                            |   muiverb=app_title
                                            |   
                                            \---command
                                                    @=path_to_app

I perhaps think just like you do. I consider that many users like a simple context menu system. I looked for a possible balance where some simple context menu entries exist and the entries passed the parameters to 1 main handling application to dynamically choose based on directives. The AutoIt3Wrapper GUI does this from the context menu to some extent with reading directives. Au3Menu is an attempt to handle all au3 related commands from the context menu and to dynamically choose based on directives so you can take it easy. And since much of this behavior in Au3Menu can also be used from a menu system in an editor, so I added some code to enable it to handle this as well.

I use Au3Menu in both context menu handler and as Scites menu handler and it seems to be working well. I may need to consider an option for cascading menu if >= Win7. Or perhaps you can modify the source and show us how it is done to your desire.

Thankyou for your interest and ideas.