why listview scroll bar is on the left ?

Edano

Go to solution Solved by Melba23,

#include <GuiListView.au3>

$RA_GUI=GUICreate("",700,500)
$RA_ListView=GUICtrlCreateListView("Bild-Nr.|Name|Vorname",10,50,680,408,BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS,$LVS_SINGLESEL),BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES,$LVS_EX_LABELTIP))

For $i=0 To 100
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($i,$RA_ListView)
Next

GUISetState()

While GUIGetMsg()<>-3
WEnd

without $LVS_EX_LABELTIP it's right, on the right. how to fix it ?

thx

E

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

• Moderators
  • Solution

Edano,

It happens because some $LVS_EX_* styles have the same values as various $WS_EX_* styles and so they are interpreted as extended GUI styles if they are applied when you create the control. I recommend that you always use _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle to set $LVS_EX_* styles - you get the scroll bar on the right then: ;)

$RA_ListView=GUICtrlCreateListView("Bild-Nr.|Name|Vorname",10,50,680,408,BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS,$LVS_SINGLESEL))
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($RA_ListView, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES,$LVS_EX_LABELTIP))

For $i=0 To 100
Next

GUISetState()

While GUIGetMsg()<>-3
WEnd
All clear? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Edano,

It happens because some $LVS_EX_* styles have the same values as various $WS_EX_* styles and so they are interpreted as extended GUI styles if they are applied when you create the control. I recommend that you always use _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle to set $LVS_EX_* styles - you get the scroll bar on the right then: ;)

$RA_ListView=GUICtrlCreateListView("Bild-Nr.|Name|Vorname",10,50,680,408,BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS,$LVS_SINGLESEL))
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($RA_ListView, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES,$LVS_EX_LABELTIP))

For $i=0 To 100
Next

GUISetState()

While GUIGetMsg()<>-3
WEnd
All clear? :)

M23

thank you ! :) i have often seen that, but never an explanation. thx

E

It's also recommended to use $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE found in GUIConstantsEx rather than -3, as it's easier to read and common practice. You can find out more by searching about 'magic numbers'.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

It's also recommended to use $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE found in GUIConstantsEx rather than -3, as it's easier to read and common practice. You can find out more by searching about 'magic numbers'.

personally, i do not agree to that. i prefer -3 for several good reasons.

personally, i do not agree to that. i prefer -3 for several good reasons.

OK, and your reasons are? I'm actually interested and then I will provide my reasons why they are bad.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

well, really ?

-3 is easier to write. i don't need to know the includes file, which has often changed in autoit history. -3 will always be true, while autoit changes. i can use mathematical conversions on numbers, e.g. GuiCtrlSetState(-1,128-64*($flag=1)) to avoid if thens. i tought myself over the years to learn the most common values by heart. i can use years old scripts without getting constant-not-declared errors.   .....

E

Sounds more like you're making life difficult for yourself. I can't remember what -14 is as an event for GUIGetMsg, so you're smarter than I am Edano.

Please don't try and force people to convert to your approach in the Forum, this will lead to even more questions. Thanks. 

My arguments:

1. $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE is easier to remember than -3.

2. Debugging is way easier, because -3 in one area of the code might be a number and not an event & vice-versa.

3. AutoIt could internally change any of the constant values in a second. Probably won't happen but you never know.

4. Changing a single value is far easier on a global scale. What if you have a constant for 5001? Replace will replace all instances of 5001 that might not be reference to that particular 'constant'.

5. Less change of a typo happening.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

UDF List:

oh no, i wouldn't force anyone :) i wouldn't even use the indeed complicated gui style values without commenting them, but some basic values are good to know. $GUI_CHECKED and $GUI_UNCHECKED for example, hidden / shown, disabled / enabled. the daily stuff. :) used with common sense.

oh no, i wouldn't force anyone :)

Good. Thamks for listening.

UDF List: