Need advice on _WordDocFindReplace

I believe that is that i would have to use. My situation is....

I copy a text of words (ctrl+c.... ex. is an address)

I try looking for the exact set of text on a webpage.

******to which i would MouseClick("primary"*******

the word when autoit finds it will click that word .

i have a  big hunch it has something to do with _WordDocFindReplace 

but I have no idea.

I have done pixelsearch pixelgetcolor, assume its similar but I am stumped

TLDR;

I will CTRL+C an address

I ask for the script to find the exact set of words in my CTRL+C (Clipboard) In a rectangle coordinate and mouseclick the address.

Any help is much appreciated, I have tried looking but cannot find the solution. Cheers friends :)

This is for my job,

step 1: Ctrl+c a house address  and paste into a search.

Step 2: The search will return about 10 different addresses and i have to click the correct one that I copy'd

I want this script to find the address I copy'd to click the correct address quickly. i do this all day so it gets very tedious!

I hope I made more sense of it.

I guess word doc find is not even near what I needed.

Do as big_daddy suggested, and research the _IE UDF functions. These can retrieve the elements of the webpage, and from there forward you can parse out what you need.

Without an example of the website (so that we may review the HTML and suggest how to go about retrieving only the address), or at bare minimum... code you have tried (using IE functions instead), so we may be of further help.

Just imagine going into google search bar  putting a house address in and having to click the link that has the exact words in the search bar,

i have to copy 100's of houses a day so a script would have alot! I shall look into _IE UDF functions but hopefully with that example you can help me. I have been working on other parts of my scripts which i have found on my own but this is one of the last things i need to do.

Three things:

A:

Make sure you can get your exe's on your work computer. (Obviously not a problem if you work from home, or use a personal computer.) before you invest time in creating these programs.

B:

I work in the banking industry, mostly with mortgage... I'm assuming you work real estate? There are systems at your disposal provided by investors that could be used to retrieve this data in a much cleaner format. (I cannot name them on a public forum, if you do work in this field maybe mention your idea to your supervisor... They should be able to guide you.

C:

Yes, research the IE UDF because... if I had your job I would sitting back on iFunny or playing Angry Birds watching my computer do my job for me. Everything you need is there, and all the support you could want can be found on this forum. But I personally want to see some more examples of you trying first.

Edit To Respond to your Question:

Yes, that could be helpful. However, it depends on how the string is displayed. How consistent are they? Do you need to parse the strings, or (common) replace underscores ( _'s ) with spaces? (Most search links do this...)

Edited by Andreu

• Moderators

My suggestion would be to use regular expression to parse both your copied address and the addresses on the results page. I'm not a regular expression expert, but I'm sure someone else could help do something like what I've given below. You could then compare the arrays for a match and click the proper link.

12345 HWY AB
Somewhere, YZ 98765

$a[0] = 12345
$a[1] = HWY AB
$a[2] = Somewhere
$a[3] = YZ
$a[4] = 98765