My Notepad

AZJIO

Closing the application with an unsaved file will display a message box in Russian.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Nice script

Is there any reason why you change the keyboard to English (409)? If I comment out lines 298-302, I don't see the script misbehaving and I have my own keyboard layout.

Is there any chance to allow overwrite mode (by toggling the insert key), so that the editor behaves like Scite or Notepad++? (by default this is not possible with GUICtrlCreateEdit)

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

@GreenCan

Is there any reason why you change the keyboard to English (409)? If I comment out lines 298-302, I don't see the script misbehaving and I have my own keyboard layout.

By default, when the system boots I have included Russian keyboard layout. This causes a problem hot key assignment. I can assign a keyboard shortcut Ctrl +1, but I can not assign Ctrl + A, because the numbers in any keyboard layout are the numbers. At experiments of @MrCreatoR found out the cause of the problem. Before purpose of hotkeys it is necessary to switch over in English keyboard layout. I improved his idea that restored keyboard layout which has to be when system boots because I expect to start entering text in Russian. Possibly it is a problem only for Russian layout of the keyboard.

Is there any chance to allow overwrite mode (by toggling the insert key), so that the editor behaves like Notepad++? (by default this is not possible with GUICtrlCreateEdit)

I don't understand.

@guinness

Fixed.

There is another problem. When searching for text, you can change the input field and the text in the editor. I must track these changes. This is not done.

Edited by AZJIO

@guinness

Fixed.

Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Azjio,

By default, when the system boots I have included Russian keyboard layout. This causes a problem hot key assignment. I can assign a keyboard shortcut Ctrl +1, but I can not assign Ctrl + A, because the numbers in any keyboard layout are the numbers. At experiments of @MrCreatoR found out the cause of the problem. Before purpose of hotkeys it is necessary to switch over in English keyboard layout. I improved his idea that restored keyboard layout which has to be when system boots because I expect to start entering text in Russian. Possibly it is a problem only for Russian layout of the keyboard.

I can confirm that all shortcut keys as defined as Acceleration Keys do function on my PC with Belgian keyboard

I would recommend to set _WinAPI_LoadKeyboardLayoutEx as an optional keyboard defined in the ini file.

I found another bug with shortcut F5, F5 erases the complete content of what is currently in the editor, that cannot be wanted, right? I expect the date to be inserted at cursor position.

I don't understand.

Well, very simple, open your My_Notepad and start typing, go back with your cursor to the previous word, type again, you are in insert mode, the cursor is a vertical bar.  Now press the Insert button, your cursor doesn't change and you are still in insert mode.

Now, go to Scite and do the same, when you press the Insert button, the cursor changes to underscore (_) in you can type over (erase) the existing text

GreenCan

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

GreenCan

(by default this is not possible with GUICtrlCreateEdit)

You answered your own question. I do not use this mode even in Notepad++.

F5

I will correct, it almost a typo.      ", 1)"

Fixed

There is another problem. When searching for text, you can change the input field and the text in the editor. I must track these changes. This is not done

I was mistaken. I wanted to correct, but the problem isn't present.

Edited by AZJIO

You answered your own question. I do not use this mode even in Notepad++.

Yes, but your answer is too simple ;). It must be possible with GUIRegisterMsg. All good editors have this feature. I'll see if I can solve this.

Something else, would you evaluate to put a status bar with some info like cursor position (see example), file size, etc?

; 1. Add below $hEdit = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1)
GUICtrlSetResizing ( $iEdit, $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM + $GUI_DOCKTOP )

; 2. ==> insert just before GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui)
#region status bar
Local $aPartRightSide[3] = [100, 140, 300]
Global $StatusBar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($hGui, $aPartRightSide, "", -1, $SBARS_SIZEGRIP)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($StatusBar, "INS" , 0)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($StatusBar, "" , 1)
_GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($StatusBar, "Ln: " & ControlCommand($hGUI, "", $hEdit, "GetCurrentLine", "") & " " & "Col: " &ControlCommand($hGUI, "", $hEdit, "GetCurrentCol", ""), 2)
#endregion status bar

; 3. Add 
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "MY_STATUSBAR") 

; 4. Add (and Declare Global $aLocation)
        Case Else
            $aLocation = _GUICtrlEdit_GetSel($iEdit) ; cursor location
            If $iKeep_Pos <> $aLocation[1] Then
                _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($StatusBar, "Ln: " & ControlCommand($hGUI, "", $hEdit, "GetCurrentLine", "") & " " & "Col: " &ControlCommand($hGUI, "", $hEdit, "GetCurrentCol", ""), 2)
                $iKeep_Pos = $aLocation[1]
            EndIf

; 5. Add
Func MY_STATUSBAR($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    ; dock bottom
    _GUICtrlStatusBar_Resize($StatusBar)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>MY_STATUSBAR
Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

Fine for me

Contributions

wakillon

Just a little remark : when saving, txt extension is not added

It was so conceived. But I was wrong. Fixed.

Update

Added "Search in selected"
Added "Duplicate"

Added search using regular expressions

Added displaying information (Ctrl+Space)

Edited by AZJIO

wakillon

It was so conceived. But I was wrong. Fixed.

Azjio,

The fix is not good.  If I want to give another extension (for example 'test.au3'), the file is saved as 'test.au3.txt'

'save as' should only add the .txt extension if there is no extension.

Contributions