Copy 1 File to multiple Locations

Hi, I am trying to copy one configuration file to multiple locations overwriting the destination files ( I am a programming newb and Autoit is the only language i am learning right now so please be easy on me)

I have tried a few things and I cannot seem to get it to work.

I don't get any syntax errors but its not copying the settings over.

Please HALP!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Eve Launcher and Settings Migrator ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
#RequireAdmin
#Include <Misc.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include "SharedVar.au3"

;;; Char.dat
Global $a01 = "Core_char_238860089.dat"
Global $a02 = "Core_char_1360360344.dat"
Global $a03 = "Core_char_90897006.dat"
Global $a04 = "Core_char_91053142.dat"
Global $a05 = "Core_char_92507638.dat"
Global $a06 = "Core_char_92507641.dat"
Global $a07 = "Core_char_92507660.dat"
Global $a08 = "Core_char_92507667.dat"
Global $a09 = "Core_char_92507669.dat"
Global $a10 = "Core_char_92558256.dat"
Global $a11 = "Core_char_92558268.dat"
Global $a12 = "Core_char_92558274.dat"
Global $a13 = "Core_char_92558281.dat"
Global $a14 = "Core_char_92558285.dat"
Global $a15 = "Core_char_828378769.dat"
Global $a16 = "Core_char_92772994.dat"
Global $a17 = "Core_char_93502564.dat"
Global $a18 = "Core_char_93515324.dat"
Global $a19 = "Core_char_93515336.dat"
Global $a20 = "Core_char_93515338.dat"
Global $a21 = "Core_char_93515345.dat"
Global $a22 = "Core_char_93515351.dat"
Global $a23 = "Core_char_93515363.dat"
Global $a24 = "Core_char_93515377.dat"
Global $a25 = "Core_char_93515383.dat"
Global $a26 = "Core_char_93519925.dat"
Global $a27 = "Core_char_1421284591.dat"
;;; User.dat
Global $b01 = "Core_user_124948.dat"
Global $b02 = "Core_user_268939.dat"
Global $b03 = "Core_user_7912202.dat"
Global $b04 = "Core_user_8033857.dat"
Global $b05 = "Core_user_9278725.dat"
Global $b06 = "Core_user_9278728.dat"
Global $b07 = "Core_user_9278879.dat"
Global $b08 = "Core_user_9278730.dat"
Global $b09 = "Core_user_9278732.dat"
Global $b10 = "Core_user_9323622.dat"
Global $b11 = "Core_user_9323623.dat"
Global $b12 = "Core_user_9323626.dat"
Global $b13 = "Core_user_9323627.dat"
Global $b14 = "Core_user_9323631.dat"
Global $b15 = "Core_user_8060698.dat"
Global $b16 = "Core_user_9509019.dat"
Global $b17 = "Core_user_10066093.dat"
Global $b18 = "Core_user_10146015.dat"
Global $b19 = "Core_user_10146019.dat"
Global $b20 = "Core_user_10146020.dat"
Global $b21 = "Core_user_10146022.dat"
Global $b22 = "Core_user_10146024.dat"
Global $b23 = "Core_user_10146026.dat"
Global $b24 = "Core_user_10146028.dat"
Global $b25 = "Core_user_10146029.dat"
Global $b26 = "Core_user_10146031.dat"
Global $b27 = "Core_user_10146032.dat"

;;; Normal Vars
Global $CPYFrom = "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_steam_steamapps_common_eve_online_tranquility\settings\Perfect_Char.dat"
Global $CPYTO = "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_steam_steamapps_common_eve_online_tranquility\settings\"

While 1

FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a01,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a02,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a03,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a04,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a05,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a06,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a07,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a08,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a09,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a10,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a11,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a12,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a13,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a14,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a15,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a16,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a17,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a18,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a19,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a20,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a21,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a22,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a23,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a24,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a25,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a26,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$a27,1)

FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b01,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b02,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b03,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b04,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b05,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b06,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b07,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b08,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b09,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b10,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b11,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b12,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b13,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b14,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b15,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b16,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b17,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b18,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b19,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b20,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b21,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b22,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b23,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b24,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b25,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b26,1)
FileCopy($CPYFrom,$CPYTO&$b27,1)

Run ('"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" run isboxer -launch "Eve-Online (16 Acounts)"',"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace")

Sleep(100)

Exit

WEnd

Its purpose is already spelled out in the subject and the body not to mention in the code itself. please take off the tinfoil hats.

It simply migrates 1 user settings file to another user settings file unifying settings across all users.

Not to mention were talking about FileCopy, not something like pixel search here.

Edited by Dreamora

Excuse me but how about you go ahead and read the rules, then come back so that you may better understand why I asked for FURTHER DETAILS as to why you are copying files around. Especially .dat files from your own folder called "Perfect Char", to the settings folder used for Steam.

Despite how absolutely awful your code is, I was able to understand it just fine and was actually in the process of rewriting it and fixing all of your errors and making it a lot more efficient / easier to read. (Why in the bloody hell are you globalizing EVERY variable.. And that's just the beginning of the countless things wrong)...just in case your response was found suitable to clear my doubts about your intentions with this script with regard to how it may or may not violate the forum rules.

The code was basically finished, and was even commented out to explain what was wrong with it in the first place. Let me just go ahead and delete that...  Regardless of whether this breaks the rules or not you sir, might want to think a little more about how you treat those who are willing to help you. Especially when it's clear by the code you provided you have not the slightest clue what your doing.

Edited by Andreu

I am sure someone that is a bit more mature than you will come along, I really wouldn't accept help from someone as arrogant as you anyhow. I hope people like you get banned for trolling.

After reading your other posts on this forum....

Also, you never asked for further details, you said

What exactly is this code aimed to achieve? Because automating a game or causing any other software to act other then intended is now allowed on this forum. 

When clearly the purpose was spelled out in the title, body and code itself.

and once again, were talking about Filecopy, explain how that Automates anything?

Edited by Dreamora

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-tos/

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/

Because what your doing, violates Eve's Terms of Service and EULA. You will not find help here, as it does in fact violate our forum rules... which is exactly why I asked just like anybody else would have, I simply got here first.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Have a great day. 

My apologies, not only are you arrogant but you're a complete moron also.

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-tos/ (Sais nothing about copying settings from one user account to another, Let alone 3rd party software which is your intended insult)

As for the EULA: http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/ (Again it spells out what you cannot do, and Copying user files from one source to a destination is not even remotely close)

A. Specifically Restricted Conduct

Your continued access to the System and license to play the Game is subject to proper conduct. Without limiting CCP's rights to control the Game environment, and the conduct of the players within that environment, CCP prohibits the following practices that CCP has determined detract from the overall user experience of the users playing the Game.

1. You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the System.
  2. You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played.
  3. You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

I really hope you don't fail this bad at Life ma'am.

And as these files are merely Window positions, folder organizations and UI customization you are completely in the wrong here and need to go troll somewhere else little kid.

Edited by Dreamora

I don't act as one who makes the decision whether it is allowed or not, so with the ToS and EULA already posted I'll leave the topic of its being right or wrong alone. A moderator will eventually look at this thread and they'll go from there.

In the mean time, how about you take some time and read the Helpfile? You are having problems using some of the most BASIC functions in AutoIt, and somehow you feel you are in a place to judge someone else's intelligence when it is you that doesn't know what their doing. Baffling. 

Normally, I enjoy sharing knowledge with people learning AutoIt. (It's why I frequent this forum.) My misinterpreted "arrogance" was undoubtedly from offense taken by the way you treat someone who, within forum rules, is absolutely willing to help you. Familiarize yourself with this forum. You will likely find that we almost always ask for details as to what the code is intended to do, before we offer help. Especially when it is CLEARLY something to do with a game. 

Hell, you might even find your answer. But case in point, I did not intend to be rude but had you not been a complete jackass I doubt we would have had that problem. Hope you find your answer.

Great now let me explain something to you, I did read the help file, and it does not show me how to copy one file to multiple locations using variable in file paths.

Now if you are not going to be helpful please refrain from adding more useless text to this forum.

And your use of the implications that I am not intelligent enough to call you a moron just because i don't know how to code in Autoit (when i stated that i was new to coding completely) is ridiculous. I have plenty of common sense which you seem to lack in your judgement calls, also you are acting like a child

here is what moron means since you don't seem to know. ( yet according to your insinuations I am the one lacking in intelligence when you have yet to make one sound statement in this thread.)

Moron
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

37px-Wiktionary-logo-en.svg.png Look up moron or mörön in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Moron may refer to:

• Moron (psychology), disused term for a person with a mental age between 8 and 12, and a common insult for a person considered stupid (or just a generic insult)
Edited by Dreamora

Yes, you are correct. There is not a _Dreamora UDF preset for EXACTLY what you want to do in a single function.

Here's a BASIC programming tip. First, tell YOURSELF what you want to do, because without doing so you'll never be able to tell the computer.

Copy one file

Paste it to X number of predefined places

So how do I convert that to code?

Step 1: Assign the file you want copied to a variable. (Or array considering I know you want to do this for multiple files, and globalizing 54 variables is bad. )

Step 2: Create an array of the destinations you want it copied to.

Step 3: Repeat the process (For / Next Loop) of pasting it to the destinations contained in the array. (Nested For/Next Loop if you do in fact want multiple files copied multiple places.

Simple. Once you actually know what you want to do, its quite easy finding examples of each of those steps in the Help File. Start having a bit more respect and appreciation, and I would be more specific. 

Edited by Andreu

• Moderators

Dreamora,

In my opinion, what you are doing does not break the Eve-Online EULA or TOS - but it does break our forum rules by launching a game:

Run ('"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" run isboxer -launch "Eve-Online (16 Acounts)"',"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace")
So it not permissible as a thread on this forum and will be locked. :naughty:

Might I also point out that reacting as you did to the perfectly polite request:

Excuse me but how about you go ahead and read the rules

was not the sort of behaviour we wish to see here.  Had you actually gone and read the rules, you would have seen that your script was not within the rules.  Then rather than insulting someone who merely made a few factual remarks regarding your code (he is quite right - it is pretty awful) and tried to uphold the standards we maintain here, you might have learnt something.  As it is you have merely appeared on the Mods' radar which is not a good idea.  So I suggest that you lose the attitude in future - your choice of course, but I hope the point is clear. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

So in regards to the moderator who locked my copy> file to multiple locations thread, if you READ THE CODE it launches Innerspace NOT EVE!!! so it never broke the forum rules

http://www.lavishsoft.com/ (*this is Innerspace) all it did was copy User files from one place to another and launch innerspace.

HENSE:

1. Run ('"C:Program Files (x86)InnerSpaceInnerSpace.exe" run isboxer -launch "Eve-Online (16 Acounts)"',"C:Program Files (x86)InnerSpace")

I came to this forum to ask a question expecting mature Adults not children who cant read. where did i go wrong?

And for you to sit here and say my code is quite awful, Screw you pal I stated that I was brand new to this. Grow up.

All Innerspace does is organize my client windows into tiles, and that script is ment to make all the window positions the same. seriously tin hats are so out of style kids.

Edited by Dreamora

If a Mod tells you that you violated the rules, take it seriously.

Melba told you why the rules have been violated so there is no reason to open a second thread on the same subject (this rule can also be found in the rules).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Dreamora,

I see the attitude has not changed. :(

From my Googling, InnerSpace appears to have one purpose - game launching. So if the Run command you used (and quote above) does not launch Eve Online (it does contain the parameter -launch after all) what does it do? Perhaps explaining might be a better idea than just insulting everyone who posts in your thread - as everyone who has been here a while knows, I (and the other Mods) have no problem reopening threads if they are shown to be legal. :)

And as for my comments on your code - they were purely factual. If you posted a legitimate question with similarly dreadful code, you would have been very likely to receive very similar comments - but no doubt you would also have received a lot of helpful suggestions as to how to make it more elegant. ;)

Now the choice is yours: either explain why that Run command is legal under our rules or continue in your current unpleasant mode. My future involvement will be entirely dependent on your response. Over to you. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

There is no rule violation I am taking it seriously. Why don't you understand that, The Script launches INNERSPACE.EXE(Innerspace) NOT EXEFILE.EXE(eveonline)

So its not launching a game at all. its launching another set of software that has NOTHING TO DO with EVE online, the profile's name is EVE ONLINE 16 accounts for that software because that's the user settings im migrating over with autoit. why am i getting so much friction here?

I cant post anything after this so im going to go ahead and apologize to the mod, but i had just gotten done with the last guy who flamed the shit out of me so i still have some attitude yes.

I did not ask for help with the Run command, I asked for help with filecopy. so the run command is a mute point in this code.

The basic idea here is Copy one good set of window configuration settings to all tiled windows, then launch innerspace "profile" to organize them on my screen per the settings.

Edited by Dreamora

• Moderators

Dreamora,

Firstly I have changed your settings so you can continue to post. :)

why am i getting so much friction here?

It is because your thread appeared to break the forum rules and, instead of explaining calmly why it did not, you launched into attack mode and began insulting people. :naughty:

the run command is a mute point in this code

But that line is the whole reason that your thread was locked - and so far from being moot is the very crux of the matter. You may want help with FileCopy but adding a line which appears to launch a game is not a good idea here - as you have discovered. ;)

From what you have finally explained above, I now understand that you are not launching a game. So I will reopen the thread and merge this one into it so we keep the place tidy. :)

M23

P.S. And as for the code itself, may I suggest looking at For...To...Next in the Help file - it would greatly help reduce the size of that script. ;)

Edit: Threads merged and unlocked. :)

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Dreamora,

As you have now discovered, we are very hard over on not supporting game automation/launching/etc. If you wish to post similar questions in future, I suggest you either sanitize the script or make it quite clear why it does not break the rules. Had you explained what you finally posted above after the first query, a great deal of unpleasantness could have been avoided - and I could have got on with what I was doing instead of posting here. After all my post count does not really need padding! :D

Did you look at the command I suggested? It really will help. :)

M23

Spoiler