Create Second Instance of Outlook (Alternate Profile)

I tried ExtraOutlook.exe 1.3, but it blows up either because I'm on Outlook 2010 (x86), or a 64-bit OS take your pick.

Essentially I have two environments and can't build a trust right now. So I thought I'd build a local user and an outlook profile but it stil won't launch a fresh instance of outlook.

Does anyone have any ideas?

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

You could give my OutlookEX UDF a try. With _OL_Open you can force a new instance and pass the profile name.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You could give my OutlookEX UDF a try. With _OL_Open you can force a new instance and pass the profile name.

I couldn't find any parameters or variables I would need to set to force a new instance. I tried this and I can see outlook.exe running once but no GUI. When I hit ok on my msgbox the process closes a few seconds later.

Am I doing something wrong?

#Include <OutlookEX.au3>
$1 = _OL_Open(False, "", 1000, 1000, "Outlook")
MsgBox(0,"",$1 & @CR & @error)
$2 = _OL_Open(False, "", 1000, 1000, "Kelta")
MsgBox(0,"",$2 & @CR & @error)

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Sorry, my bad. This parameter is only available for the Word and Excel UDF.

If you set line

If IsObj($oOL) Then $__bOL_AlreadyRunning = True

in function _OL_Open to

If IsObj($oOL) Then $__bOL_AlreadyRunning = False

then a second instance of Outlook should be started.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks for the reply, I made the change but how do I call the outlook gui up? It still just runs as a background process

Access any folder you like and display it using something like:

$oOL = _OL_Open()
$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOL, ...)
$aFolder[1].Display

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sorry to be a pain in the *** but I appreciate all the help.

This is the change I made to the udf:

Func _OL_Open($bWarningClick = False, $sWarningProgram = "", $iWinCheckTime = 1000, $iCtrlCheckTime = 1000, $sProfileName = "", $sPassword = "")

Local $oOL = ObjGet("", "Outlook.Application")
    If $oOL <> 0 Then $__bOL_AlreadyRunning = False

My test script:

#Include <OutlookEX.au3>
$oOL = _OL_Open(False, "", 1000, 1000, "Kelta")
$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOL, "*\Inbox")
$aFolder[1].Display

$oOL2 = _OL_Open(False, "", 1000, 1000, "Outlook")
$aFolder2 = _OL_FolderAccess($oOL2, "*\Inbox")
$aFolder2[1].Display

It brings up two outlook windows but a single Outlook process in task manager and both windows are opening a single profile (Kelta)

Access any folder you like and display it using something like:

$oOL = _OL_Open()
$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOL, ...)
$aFolder[1].Display
Edited by ken82m

Seems to be a "problem" with Outlook.

If you run the following script you will notice that two WinWord instances have been created but only one for Outlook.

$oOL1 = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$oOL2 = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$oWord1 = ObjCreate("Word.Application")
$oWord2 = ObjCreate("Word.Application")
MsgBox(0, "", "...")
$oWord1.Quit
$oWord2.Quit

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I think the problem is described here in section remarks:

"This is because only one Outlook process can run at a time, and that Outlook process uses only one profile and supports only one MAPI session. When users start Outlook a second time, that instance of Outlook runs within the same Outlook process, does not create a new process, and uses the same profile."

So it seems you can't do what you want.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Well it was worth a try, thanks for the attempt and all your hard work on those functions I'm sure they'll come in handy in the future

-Kenny

Thanks, glad you like the UDF :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki