Get the coordinates of a Checkbox

KSum

I have a GUI that has several checkboxes created.  I show and hide groups of these based on a radio button.  That all works fine.  I would like to resize the window based on the checkboxes shown.  I know which one will be the farthest extent and can resize based on this if I know the coordinates used to create the checkbox.  Is there any way to read these as opposed to saving a variable for each set?

Karl

• Moderators

KSum,

If you have stored the ControlID of the checkbox, you can use ControlGetPos to find its location. :)

M23

P.S. Have you looked at my GUIExtender UDF (the link is in my sig)? It might save you a lot of coding. ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

As I understand it, I should be able to use WinMove and redefine the size. With that in mind, I shouldn't need a lot of coding.  Then again, when I use this to widen the GUI, my checkboxes seem to move over the same amount as the added width.  And I have tried all 3 settings for AutoItSetOption("GUICoordMode", _) as well as not defining this option at all.

I am widening the GUI I create to show checkboxes arranged in columns.  I have an array of checkboxes, and have the low and high array item for a set, so I have $checkbox[$I] as the last item in the set.  Does ControlGetPos work on the running AutoIt window?  I was expected for a GUI_____ but have been wrong before...

• Moderators

KSum,

I suggest you post the code you are using - then we can see what might be the problem with your checkboxes. :)

And the Control* commands work perfectly well on AutoIt GUIs - after all they are just GUIs. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have the checkboxes not moving now.  Had to add this after the creation of each:

GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOr($GUI_DOCKTOP, $GUI_DOCKLEFT, $GUI_DOCKSIZE)); <- Set the resizing for the control

And the ControlGetPos works well too.  I decided, however to just divide the total number of checkboxes displayed by the number of boxes in each column and then multiply that by the width per column:

;$I1 is passed as the number of checkboxes
;calculate the number of columns, Rounding the result up to the nearest integer
$MainGUIWidth = 560 + (((Ceiling($I1/6)) - 2) * 125)

WinMove($MainGUIName, "", Default, Default, $MainGUIWidth, Default)