Framsets

I'm trying to automate a page. I've been doing this successfully for about a year or two now with all sorts of webpages.
I'm having trouble with this one, and pretty sure it uses cross browser to load pages into a frameset from another source.

<FRAMESET frameSpacing=0 border=0 frameBorder=0 rows="101, *">
    <FRAME id=headerFrame noResize marginHeight=0 border=0 src="HeaderPage" frameBorder=0 name=navTop marginWidth=0 scrolling=no>
    <FRAMESET border=0 cols=200,*,0,0>
        <FRAME id=leftMenuFrame marginHeight=0 src="LeftMenuPage/wicket:pageMapName/HOME" name=leftMenu marginWidth=0>
        <FRAME onload=onFrameLoad() marginHeight=0 src="BodyPage" frameBorder=0 name=body marginWidth=0>
    </FRAMESET>
    <NOFRAMES>
    </NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

I can't seem to get into the "body" frame where all the content is?

Are there any advanced users that can explain to me how this works and where can I find the source of this frame to get into it so I can automate my data lookups?

Thanks,

Mike

Jdelaney,

I am familiar with working with frames. I have successfully gone through frames on multiple websites to drill down to the elements I need. This sits is different though, I believe the frameset tags are somehow hindering me. When I do a _IEFrameGetCollection with @extended after this my console shows 5 frames. But then when I then

For $oFrame1 in $oFrames
    ConsoleWrite($oFrame1.src)
Next

;niether one of these works

For $oFrame1 in $oFrames
    ConsoleWrite($oFrame1.name)
Next

I get no output. Not really sure where to go from here?

Add _IEErrorHandlerRegister() to see if you are triggering any COM errors.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I ran the IEErrorHandlerRegister() in three different spots and this is what I got:

1) Error Handler after _IEAttach

--> COM Error Encountered in Test2.au3
----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 46
----> $IEComErrorNumberHex = 80020003
----> $IEComErrorNumber = -2147352573
----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = Member not found.
----> $IEComErrorDescription = 
----> $IEComErrorSource = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpFile = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpContext = 0
----> $IEComErrorLastDllError = 0

2) ErrorHandler after 1st _IEFrameGetbyObjName()

----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 46

3) ErrorHandler after _IEFrameGetCollection()

----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 47

I am new to IEErrorHandler where can i find what all this means?

Thanks again

Well, start with the helpfile.

_IEErrorHandlerRegister() is not a function that "runs" per se.  It sets a trap for COM errors in your script and is triggered when one is encountered.

You put it right after your include for IE.au3 and it is in effect for your entire script.

What then becomes important is the line of code in your script that triggers the COM error.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble