suitability of AutoIT for complex GUI workflows

I know that AutoIt works great for simple workflows (e.g. launching an application for a user and logging them in automatically), but how well does it scale and work for more complex operations and workflows where there are dozens of different permutations and workflow paths like configuring a new user and assigning them appropriate permissions?

• Moderators

I think it works well. I created a unique GUI for a customer that has morphed into a complete HelpDesk solution. It allows the Helpdesk to do a number of actions in A.D. (Password Resets, Add/Remove from Groups, Share Permissions, etc.), it hooks directly into their asset management suite to allow the delivery of applications and imaging of hardware, allows remote control of end user PCs, and a number of other features. All of this is tied into A.D. security, giving technicians varying levels of access based on group membership. It also sports a complete audit trail (customer is a health care facility), logging every action and whether that action succeeded for failed. All of this done with AutoIT only, not a stitch of external code.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...