Cancelling script running

Hi

Ive got a script that runs several commandline programs one after another

and i want to give a user the option to cancel the process

I started here -

and used guinness example

and it works if the gui is idle but once it is unpacking and doing stuff it wont stop the gui

I put the important part right at top of the while loop

Local $hMsg = 0
While 1
    $hMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        If _IsChecked($hCancelButton) Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(20)
    Switch $hMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Any suggestions plz

What do you mean with 'it works if the gui is idle'? I mean, if it's not running, how can it do anything/work?

EDIT: you got the code in the while loop, but i would put it in the function loop, so that after each installation is ran, it checks if you pressed cancel.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

By GUI idle i meant just GUI open no commands/ functions running

So basically add the

If _IsChecked($hCancelButton) Then ExitLoop
        Sleep(20)

anywhere i can after each major function choice so it intercepts the flow

erm no i havent would that work better than the checkbox/button voodoo of guiness?

I think Jos was talking about HotKetSet, though I could be wrong?!

Why not have a Global flag e.g.

Global $fCancel = False

If _IsChecked($hCancelButton) Then 
$fCancel = True
ExitLoop
Endif

But as you know, I need more of a working example as there are so many possibilities of what you're trying to do.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

You could do it like this:

$aApps[0][0] = "ICO"
$aApps[0][1] = "ICO.exe"
$aApps[0][2] = "IMG\ICO.ico"
$aApps[1][0] = "VLC"
$aApps[1][1] = "VLC 2.0.6.exe"
$aApps[1][2] = "IMG\vlc.ico"
$aApps[2][0] = "LAN"
$aApps[2][1] = "AutoIt LAN.exe"
$aApps[2][2] = "IMG\realtek.ico"
$aApps[3][0] = "AMD"
$aApps[3][1] = "AutoIt AMD.exe"
$aApps[3][2] = "IMG\amd.ico"
$aApps[4][0] = "Java"
$aApps[4][1] = "AutoIt Java.exe"
$aApps[4][2] = "IMG\java.ico"
$aApps[5][0] = "DX9c"
$aApps[5][1] = "AutoIt DX9c.exe"
$aApps[5][2] = "IMG\dx9c.ico"

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $hButton1 ;RUN
            For $i = 0 To 5
            If _IsChecked($hCancelButton) Then ;We check if user wants to stop, if yes exit loop.
                            $fCancel = True
                            ExitLoop
                        Endif
                If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($aRadio[$i]), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
                            ShellExecuteWait($aApps[$i][1])
            EndIf
            Next
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Its a proof of concept, doesn't work as-is.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

That line...

BitAND(GUICtrlRead($aRadio[$i]), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED

can be reduced using the already implemented _IsChecked.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

I think Jos was talking about HotKetSet, though I could be wrong?!

Correct, that is much simpler that trying to put in many checks and still have a chance the script locks-up during processing.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for the clarifications

Been chatting to melba about the issue and he has identified a flaw in the procedure.

In the script when its doing a task, im using statements like this

$ProcessPID = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & '"' & '"' & $RarTest & '"' & ' x -y -ibck ' & '"' & $aRarFile[$i] & '"' & '"', "", @SW_HIDE)

$RarTest is winrar location and $RarFile is the archives it manipulates

As melba pointed out i cant interrupt a RunWait and it needs to be Run but

I also have a load of winrar exit code checks below the above line to catch the exit values like this

ElseIf $ProcessPID = 8 Then
    TrayTip(" Memory Error ", " Not Enough Memory To Unpack Archive " & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        " (   Unpack Code = " & $ProcessPID & "  )", 5, 16)
    Exit

If i change to Run to make the Cancel work i lose all my exit code stuff :(

And ill have to map exit strategy through StdoutRead

Is there a way to make Run give the exit codes as well as the $Pid ?